Ultima Online (private server)

Discussion in 'RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others' started by Gavor, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Gavor

Gavor Well-Known Member

I have a small private UO server running at home, mostly for me to muck about in when I have some spare time.

If there's any interest I can open it for TOG members to muck about in also.

newfulla likes this.
  2. Cpl.Cooter-USMC

Cpl.Cooter-USMC Well-Known Member

how did you set this up

3. newfulla

newfulla Captain Americas Army Staff Member Moderator

That's awesome @Gavor if you do, A lot of TOG servers have started form similar humble beginnings :)
    Just don't forget to let the red admins know if it goes anywhere or if you wish to make it official.

Some times people forget to let them know .. which in most cases is just an oversight.

Kudos :)

4. Gavor

Gavor Well-Known Member

If you're keen to know more, I'll fire it up again and have a look. It has been sitting idle for a few weeks due to a return to tabletop simulator :).

Edit: Ok, I had a look and I used the ServUO emulator to get it working. (https://www.servuo.com/articles/ (ServUO - Ultima Online Emulation)). It's not explicitly clear (or wasn't when I set it up) but you have to use the Classic Client, make sure it does a complete install (downloads all files from remote server and sets up locally) and then configure all the ServUO stuff. The Enhanced client doesn't have the resource files it requires to work.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  5. Gavor

Gavor Well-Known Member

Defintely. I once started a minecraft server at home some time in 2010 (or was it 2011? i've forgotten already), and a few months later it was hosted in a data centre, had dozens of regulars and a full website supporting it. Crazy how some things snowball. I really enjoy being a server admin so i've always hoped it might happen again, but alas, I've never hosted a game server since that had more than a few ppl joining.

So far the player count for this server is 1 - me.

newfulla likes this.