umm, who put the bomb in my house?

Discussion in 'Minecraft (Public)' started by Wolf_Web, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Wolf_Web

Wolf_Web Retired Advisor

Ok so my house is pretty ugly but isn't placing a bomb in my walls a bit of an over-reaction?

After spending many hours at the very bottom of my diamond mine I come home from work only to discover a whacking great box of TNT built into one of my unfinished walls! I had just read about minecraft pressure switches and wires and here I was now standing in front of a box of TNT..

I froze, too scared to move. I waited a few moments expecting the bomber to be hiding nearby and would remotely detonate it with a diamond mobile phone any second..

nothing..

So I opened up the chat and mentioned in passing that I found a bomb in my house. Within seconds the TOG bomb disposal team arrived on the scene.

It was then I noticed one of them was wearing a Ronald MacDonald costume. I will be honest and say that a tiny bit of doubt crept into my mind about their intentions at this point..

But I should not have worried as they quickly and professional disabled the bomb and were gone again leaving me to ponder was the bomb some kind of warning?

Did I disturb the bomber in the act and he/she didn't get to set the bomb off?

or was it as I suspect just a critique of the aesthetic value of my house?

2. Neoccu

Neoccu Just Joined

Someone set us up the bomb?

3. Justin Kace

Justin Kace Retired Captain

Funny story but that's a bit mean!! TNT is pretty easy to accidentally set off. Best if practical jokers limit themselves to slightly less destructive jests.

4. Wolf_Web

Wolf_Web Retired Advisor

I should mention my house is unfinished and looks a bit like a bomb has already gone off anyway so no real harm would have been done.

5. Obsi

Obsi Well-Known Member

I actually find it rather disturbing and disappointing that we've had mysterious fires, bombs and looting going on.... :(

6. Dr. Worm

Dr. Worm Active Member

you have no chance to survive
    Make your time

ha ha ha ha....

But seriously pretty lame to plant TNT in someones house

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  7. Neoccu

Neoccu Just Joined

lame ... but necessary

8. Sorontar

Sorontar Retired Captain

I am hoping that it is only one misguided individual who is at fault here. And they stop. We may have different ideas on how to play Minecraft, but surely there is enough of the world for such actions to be kept away from those who just want to build.

Sorontar

9. red_one

red_one Retired Captain

*drama music*

10. Mixa...

Mixa... Retired Captain

mysterious fires??? but I've been away for days :(

11. Obsi

Obsi Well-Known Member

other than the one you lit :p

12. Vonder

Vonder Getting Started

I actually feel partly at fault for this, I suggested something similar (as a joke) over mumble. However rest assured I wasn't the offender, I haven't been on minecraft today.

We need to install that anti-griefing mod ASAP; but we also need to make sure it logs the actions of admins as well as players ..

On another note, how was the bomb disabled? I didn't think it was possible without making it explode.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  13. exekewtable

exekewtable Well-Known Member

The house was really high, so manuzza and I came up with the solution of clearing the blocks around it, and setting if off, as TNT falls before it blows. We repaired the cleared blocks and all was good.

I am interested to see who was responsible. A joke amongst mates is fine, and if you are consenting adults, I see no problem in it. But a random placement of TNT or something that could destroy something someone worked hard on, is no fun.

14. Thermal Ions

Thermal Ions Retired Captain

Exactly. "Mates" not being defined as anyone who happens to play on the server.

Glad you guys could sort it out.

15. Wolf_Web

Wolf_Web Retired Advisor

So did you suggest to put the TNT in my house, or just anyones house in general? If you suggested to put it in my house, why, do I know you?

16. Sorontar

Sorontar Retired Captain

I believe the discussion was about tnt and the difficulties in using it, and the point was made that a griefer could take advantage of this and just leave one anywhere and cause major inconvenience.

So I don't believe your name or location ever came up in the conversation as I heard it.

17. Obsi

Obsi Well-Known Member

I believe it was before you even came on Wolf... and it was really brief... I think it was along the lines of "a practical joke could be played where a TNT block was placed in someone's house" - eg just a general comment (which I pointed out would be mean) and then someone said it wouldn't be that bad because you could encase it in obsidian and set it off - which then lead to a discussion on a griefer on another server covering people's houses in obsidian... and we branched off from there - as you do...so that was pretty much the extent of it (unless someone else discussed it at a different time?)

18. Dr. Worm

Dr. Worm Active Member

Hopefully this is just a once off, I know there has been a few other mishaps but they should settle off. maybe we should enforce a punishment if there is a person caught doing this kind of thing. (Demotion to a house cat for a week :p) This should discourage people from causing grief.

This shouldn't be necessary, but sometimes a joke can get out of hand and we just need to remember that people have worked hard on there work and shouldn't have to remake there work. I think we can put this to rest for the moment as there is not much we can do to fix it at this point. As it is to hard to figure out who actually did it.

(house cat is a reference from "just shoot me" just thought it was funny)

19. Vonder

Vonder Getting Started

Oh no, it wasn't a targeted discussion at all. Nor was it an instruction by any means, I was telling everyone about the old practical jokes that worked before the bug fixing; Noting that people used to place TNT behind others doors, and when the door opened .. the tnt exploded. Then the topic went on to bomb deactivation and how we would encase them in obsidian and set them off.

"Suggested" was probably the wrong word to use, it was more reminiscing on old times.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  20. Spice.

Spice. Retired Captain

No no no, if people get demoted it's to Desk Rabbit. ;)