Venting Frustration!

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Father, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Father

Father The Boss Staff Member Administrator Moderator

THE BASTARDS!!! :x

Woke up this morning, found the backdoor open, mm that's strange, didn't I lock it?

Ann goes where is my purse, where is my watch? WE'VE BEEN BROKEN INTO!
    I think the whole block heard me swear like no tomorrow.
    Stole Ann's purse, credit cards and personal stuff, her nice jewelry and watch which was a gift.
    Stole all our DVD's too, took a pillow case from the couch to use as a bag.
    All my Star Trek's, Babylon 5, Cold Feet series bought in England :x the lot!

This is the first time I'm confronted with a burglary and shit does it make you angry and frustrated and depressed and annoyed and you name it. :cry:

Can't get it out of my head. Need to get locks changed on my house and the car as they took Ann's keys too.
    Couldn't get into work today either because of this.

The chances of these guys getting caught is probably slim, hopefully will find my stuff in the 2nd hand shops on Chapel street coz I live right near it.

Sigh...

2. Arienne

Arienne The Woman in Red Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Oh SHIT!

Poor bastard Father! I hope they catch 'em, but that's very unlikely. As you suggested, change your locks! Bloody lowlife scumbag bastards.

3. CannonFodda

CannonFodda Retired Administrator

that's crap!!! but just be glad all they did was take stuff. seeing as u were there & all

4. Derelict

Derelict Retired Administrator

I'd be inclined to go up to the Chapel Street stores and say that you've been burgled... describe the jewelery and ask that they keep an eye out... also they'd have security cameras so once there, they could be identified...

Doesn't second hand shops also note down where you live, who you are etc?

Hope the bastards get caught and you get to deliver a dose of chemical castration to them as they don't deserve anything they already own... :evil:

5. Arienne

Arienne The Woman in Red Staff Member Administrator Moderator

I'm against chemical castration. A knife without the aid of anaesthetic is a far more effective deterrent. :evil:

6. Basie

Basie Retired Administrator

Butter knife?

Dayum, Father, that's nasty. Especially for the things that are tough to replace... I'm a little surprised they didn't take the computer equipment, but I guess it's less portable :?

7. Father

The cops told me to wait a week b4 going to pawnshops, apparently by law they need to wait a week b4 displaying the goods as the should give the seller a cooling off period.

But yes they should take ID of the sellers too, I'm sure these guys deal in stolen goods a lot of the time and I can't imagine them going out of their way to help you with keeping an eye out for it.

There was an another burglary down the road, probably same guy, he woke up the owners there though so he ran off, they only saw his back which is a bummer.
    This happening while I was home is amazing as I'm ususally a very light sleeper. The copper told me that penalties are more severe when you break in while the owners are there, it would be great news if they catch the punk, at least some comfort.

8. Father

I don't think they came upstairs, otherwise they certainly would have grabbed my watch which was on the desk of my computer table. But all my PC gear is in a 19" rack which is hard to get too.

9. Py-or

Py-or Active Member

Damn Father... not good and I hope that you can at least get some of your stuff back eventually...

It sure isnt a nice feeling being broken into, and I know I freak about people being in my home...

10. Quant

Quant Active Member

Those bastards always work the street!

We heard that someone tried to break in up the road and a couple nights later, they hit our house.

Worst thing was the damage to the antique furniture as they tossed the house looking for expensive items.

The bugger ripped open an antique wardrobe smashed the lock and hinges and then tossed all the clothes on the floor.

11. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Active Member

thats why i go to bed really late at night and have a few nasty surprises hidden through out my place. If those punks dare to enter my unit, they won't be leaving in 1 piece. I know this sounds severe, but I really do mean it! :evil:

12. Hugo a gogo

Hugo a gogo Well-Known Member

Feel like you have been violated don't you

My farmhouse in Mudgee was burgled in July last year and I'll never forget the feeling I felt as it dawned on me that we had been burgled

To this day when we visit the property I feel anxious just before we get there

They not only stole my property they also stole a feeling of wellbeing we used to get when visiting the farm, once we do arrive and find all is well all bad thoughts soon disappear but I can't help but feel it will never be the same

On a good note we were fully insured and the NRMA replaced everything with new gear so in fact we ended up better off than before

But I'd swap the new appliances in a minute to get back the pre robbery feelings

13. Bennett

Bennett Active Member

That's so frigged up Father. Bloody low-life scum that just feel they can wander into anyone's home and flog whatever they want. :x

Long gone are the days when you could leave your front door open. *sigh*

Like Hugo I get worried about our property too. We're just in the process of getting a house built (only shed there atm) but I get worried that it'll get trashed when it's unoccupied.

I get worried about our place here as well simply because we're living here and we also have a number of animals and dipshits like this tend to be heartless bastards. :x

14. Father

I have no doubt that this stays with you for the rest of your life, you will always have that sense of worry when you come back to YOUR HOME!

15. Wayfarer

Wayfarer Well-Known Member

Nah, it fades Father. Takes a while, but it does go. However, it only takes the discovery of a window inadvertently left open can give you a moments fear.

16. crowtree

crowtree Retired Captain

Low life scum. The worst thing's that these people have no sense of remorse, figuring "who cares" the insurance will take care of it. Not having balanced emotional lives or little emotional attachments they do not understand the ongoing affect their actions cause.

This is why listening to them scream as their bones break brings relief to the victim and realisation by the scum that Isaac Newton was right - Every Action has an Equal and Opposite Reaction.

17. Macca

Macca Well-Known Member

I installed an alarm system after my place got robbed, only kids by the size of the hole in the smashed sliding glass door, so not much was stolen and easily replaced thru insurance, and that feeling does fade. Except when you come home and the alarm system has gone off, bloody spiders :evil: hopefully the scum that robbed your house, burgle a home owned by a mafiosa hitman next time. :D

18. spuDDy

spuDDy Getting Started

Sorry to hear that father,tis no good at all

Your home is really the only "space" we have truly to our selves..

But unfortunately the thieving drug f@#ked c#%ts of this world have no concept of that...

19. Caligo

Caligo Just Joined

Sorry to hear about the breakin' father, there might be a slim chance to get your things back as these asshelmets keep breaking into peoples homes until they get caught. As for your peice of mind my suggestion is to get an alarm and buy a huge alaskan malamute, the ones that grow into the size of polar bears. Thats what i did ..

Ive also had my car stolen twice wich was a real pain in the arse more than anything, me and the insurance man are really close 8O

20. Mad

Mad Retired Captain

Sorry to hear Father, I know it is not a nice feeling to be burgled.

My house was burgled last year, they smashed through the sliding door during a work day. We lost 2 notebooks, PS2 and lots of DVD, but the worst part is losing the sense of security. It will recover over time, but I am always watchful for unlock doors and windows.