Venting Frustration!

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Father, Feb 19, 2004.

1. RogueSlayer

RogueSlayer Retired Captain

Very sorry to hear about this Father. That kind of thing really sucks. It will be very nice to hear that this person(s) get caught or at the very least, that you get some if not all of you stuff back.

2. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Active Member

*OFFtopic

Hi, RogueSlayer... i think i've found my maker

*Offtopic

once again, Sorry to hear that Father, hope you will find some of the stuff in the 2nd hand shop.

3. EnglishBob

EnglishBob Retired Advisor

Sorry to hear about that Father. Personally, the fact that some people think they can just break into your house and steal things you have worked long and hard to earn, really makes me angry. The impulsive, rash part of me says chop their hands off if they get caught.

(the more reasonable, rational part obviously disgrees)

4. Mad

Mad Retired Captain

The more reasonable and ration part wants to shoot their head off with an AK ;)

5. ScopE

ScopE Active Member

6. oldskool

oldskool Retired Moderator

Father really sorry to hear that, I myself have never had to deal with a burglary before. Its trully a shame, I personally think lobbing a hand off for punishment would be a fine soulution to theifs. I mean think about it..its gotta be hard to break into a house and carry out a TV or whatever with only one hand :eek: I think it would stop repeat crimes thats for sure not to mention the thought of the punishment :twisted: my heart goes out to your familly, I wish you best

7. Delim

Delim Getting Started

I tell yah I was always worried since moving into my new house with many expensive items since me and my wife started making real money. I had an alarm system installed but still I was never feeling completely safe, not so much for me but for my wife.
    I got my dog almost 2 years ago and he is a 95lb german shepherd and he is trained to guard my house and property as well as my wife. I have never felt safer owning my dog. I even turned off my alarm system as he is very alert and takes his job very seriously.
    I am a pet lover and highly recommend a lovable dog that will help safeguard your family. He doesnt have to be a brute, just capable of a few barks to alert yah in case of trouble.
    Hope they catch the thieves and deal with them harshly father!
    At least you and ann are ok, thats the main thing!

8. spuDDy

spuDDy Getting Started

We have a long haired minature dachsund(Beware he may lick you to death) and i swear the little bastard can hear a sparrow fart at a hundred yards,a very effective watchhound:)

9. Nomisi

Nomisi Getting Started

Sorry to hear about this Father.

Instead of guard dogs, live next door to a large Lebanese family, with lots of sons. Our place in Sydney was broken into a number of years ago, that same day the next door neighbours were having a wake for a distant relative from Lebanon. This bloke tripped our alarm, walked out the front door to be confronted by 20 young men baying for blood. One young man nicknamed "Buddha" pile-drived this bloke into the concrete and the rest of the boys kicked living snot out of the burglar. It was only one of the uncles telling the boys to stop kicking him that this bloke lived I reckon, he managed to stumble away but not before having a broken cheek bone, fractured arm and a number of large shoe size bruises.

Suffice to say the boys were lucky the bloke didn’t press charges, the cops were happy to actually be able to nab this bloke in the act as he stumbled done the street, bloody nose and all.

10. Father

Father The Boss Staff Member Administrator Moderator

My place is too small for a dog, inner city South Yarra townhouse with a small courtyard. The day I would move to a larger place I would love to have a 2 dogs, not so much for burglaries I just love dogs. But sure the protection is an added bonus.

Glad to hear that the burglar had the crap punched out of him, it's all karma! And I'm sure my burglar will meet his match one day.

Hopefully some sort of revenge like in the dungeon scene of pulp fiction, "gonna get me some hard ass brothers with some blowtorches and a pair of pliers, I"m gonna get medieval on your ass", YOU HEAR ME BURGLAR BOY!

11. Jello63

Jello63 Well-Known Member

Jervis Bay N.S.W: TOG Sponsor: XFire-jello63. Fox'
    That sucks Father, rotten bastards & more than likely junkies.

We know that feeling, were robbed 11 years back while on holidays & we'd taken our dog to friends to be looked after, so it was easy for them.
    Took TV, video, stereo, luckily we take jewelery with us.

The feeling is awful, but it wears off. We actually giggle about it now as Mrs J opened our front, me with numerous bags & she just stood in the doorway saying "It's all gone" I was saying "What are you talking about woman?"
    "It's all gone" she replied again. Once she let me in I knew what she was talking about.
    These days our current house is like Fort Knox, everything deadlocked, the only way in is to smash a window or through the roof, & the our current dog is fed at home while we are away.

Dogs do help, when I lived in Epping our whole street had garages & shed robbed, except for ours, neighbours & the few others that had dogs & their neighbours.

12. Rob.

Rob. Retired Captain

Sorry to hear that Father....the rotten lowlifes. :evil:

13. Father

Father The Boss Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Thanks guys,

Let's hope we catch the bastard so we can give him some justice the Flemish Way! :twisted:

[​IMG]

Hard to picture on such a small photo btw, the original painting is in Brugge (Belgium), the level of detail is amazing when looking at the real thing, it's quite large too. Just one of many medieval paintings in the Groeningen Museum over there, well worth a visit btw.

It was hung in the courthouse as a warning to the punishment that would be given to corrupt judges, and let me tell you, it certainly would make me think twice before commiting a crime.

14. Jello63

Jello63 Well-Known Member

Jervis Bay N.S.W: TOG Sponsor: XFire-jello63. Fox'
    Ouch, that would have to an extremely unpleasant punishment. Would certainly stop me from doing anything illegal.

15. SnakeTails

SnakeTails Well-Known Member

Ok, break in stories.

At work here, I arrived 1 morning and there was a new ventillation opening into a office, it had been covered by some metal sheeting.

Alarm didn't bip, all gates are still locked.

They came in, cable cut all the leads on the back of the computer (except the power lead for obvious reasons) including the pluggable leads, cutting the UTP network connection took down the network switch (power cycling it 1 time fixed this)

All they took was the CPU box, they left the rest (Including LCD screens)

Police came, did the rounds and said that a few companies got done in that same weekend, and advised us not to buy computers immediatly to replace the ones that were stolen, as they would disappear with in a few months.

window fixed after police leave.

next weekend, alarm triggures with 2 blips

New hole in same window, front gate chain actually cut this time, same rock through window from garden.

Only thing stolen was the LCD screens from the computers that were stolen

Last week, Linear Bearings was "rolled" they lost their companies main server computer.

the 2 computers that we lost were for Sales & project scheduling, the best 2 computers to steal with a complete pricing and company list ;o(

and of course, nothing fully backed up.