Verdun Game

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by zladuric, Jun 3, 2016.

1. zladuric

zladuric Active Member

Hi guys, anybody playing Verdun Game around here? I'm playing as much as I can get away with recently and I really like it. I was looking into joining a "regiment" (clan in Verdun) and thought it would be cool to connect to other TOGers.

For those who don't know, Verdun is a WW1 multiplayer shooter - but not like Battlefield and the like. It's much more slow and dirty (the famous WW1 mud). You have long (sometimes 30+ seconds) spawn times, weapons are limited, you have quite limited area of movement (2 trenches and a bit of no-man's land), roles are VERY imbalanced.

E.g. You can play MG and mow down enemy, but if they have good snipers you can never get away with it. On the other hand, if there's an MG on the other side, you spend most of the time proning from pothole to pothole, crossing all accross to the other team's trench, just to get shot.

A lot of fun to me. But it's a team game, best played if the team is pulling it together, so I wanna see if there are other TOGers there instead of just joining a random clan there.

2. Shifuede

Shifuede Just Joined

I actually like the balance; it's much more realistic as MGs were designed to mow down/suppress enemies, and snipers were supposed to take out MG crews.

3. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

I've had Verdun since Dec. Quite a good game, esp lately with all the new additional stuff. Its definitely the Red Orchestra version of WW1 - no bunny hopping/10 rounds to kill you crap here! lol. Haven't played it for a while though.

4. Draadnor

Draadnor Well-Known Member

It's on my steam wishlist (Sales start Friday 3am AEST!).

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  5. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

Was wondering whether they'd be worried with BF1 coming out (WW1 focused) but I realised its a totally diff type of game (sim more than arcade)

6. Ned

Ned Public Forum Coordinator

I've had a look at this game and I like it. I would like to see the developers add bot-play to all game types making it possible to have a full coop experience. Many don't like this type of gaming but the option would be a nice addition (at least for me ;) ).

7. claw

claw Well-Known Member

high neddie how are you, now what you need for that is a good caviar hard drive I still have the one you gave me , no no don't beg anything to help a friend lol :biglol:

8. zladuric

zladuric Active Member

There is bot play, one squad defending the trench against waves of enemies it's just a little boring, compared to the actual multiplayer. Although, I only have one medal left (highest multikill) before I need to get those "survive 10 waves on map x" and I'm done with medals. So if you wanna play a round or two, maybe we can find times that work for us both?

9. Old_Mate55

Old_Mate55 Just Joined

I was so excited for this game to get released on PS4 earlier in the year but the port was executed fairly poorly, and the reception from the PS4 community wasn't great. The AU servers were severely under populated, and even the US was only active in peak times. So i bought a PC, obviously. I agree with Ned, a squad OFFENSE mode would be interesting, maybe the devs just put it in the too hard basket.

10. SickaSalmon

SickaSalmon Just Joined

I always wanted to play it. Just didn't want to play alone. I heard the controls are clunky, like WWIIO. Can't really afford it right now, but anyone still on?

11. Comicus

Comicus Getting Started

I've had this for quite a while now, just not active in it. If anyone is still interested in getting together in here for squad play I'm open for it.

12. Davo OHno

Davo OHno Getting Started

Just picked this up myself with the Steam sale. Love to play some rounds with a regular group.