WAR OF RIGHTS - Better than holdfast? First Impressions. Civil War FPS

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Destraex, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Destraex

Destraex Getting Started

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok got in on a little event at around 10.30am sat morning (AU EST +10). Only about 8 men per side on an 80 person server. But wow this game is great fun. Why? Because actual re-enactors who take it seriously are on. Drilling us to the front. What's more. Because it's not really that popular yet, the troops actually properly follow commands. The game is also great in that it has the actual animations for the correct moves. For instance their is a button to shoulder arms. Then to go to double quick which preserves stamina, you first have to change shoulder with Shift-x (rather than x which is shoulder) then press C to switch to double quick march. Then of course we right, left and oblique faced. We tried firing by lines as well, which means the person to the right fires first and as his musket\rifle butt hits the ground to reload you then fire and so on until the whole line has fired. I wish holdfast was more like this. I can tell you also that these american civil war weapons are deadly accurate. We also fixed bayonets and charged using drill commands from the re-enactors. Once across I was told to cover a man while he reloaded. Really good stuff and great for learning how these guys operate without having to go over to the US. Over all I love this game so far. It did however crash me to desktop half way through a battle. But quick to load back up again and apart from that, as you can see. The graphics are many times better than holdfast. The mechanics more realistic and the reload animation much more detailed just for starters.

Combat seems to revolve around capturing objectives.
    I actually wish holdfast was like this as I do like the napoleonic period better.

The game is still missing artillery and cavalry from what I can see and apparently there has been no update to the game for some time. The servers are only populated on the weekend from what I am told

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  2. Destraex

Destraex Getting Started

Logged on just then. For me it's around midday on a Sunday.
    A battle with a fair few people in it. I was getting 30fps. This game has all the atmosphere of a great picnic in the country side. It's beautiful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bit over exposed sometimes. Hard to see the enemy way down their with all the smoke and sunlight.
    [​IMG]

Some good ole boys.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]