Warframe

Discussion in 'Free to Shoot' started by Chief, Jan 22, 2013.

1. BlackIce

BlackIce Guardian Captain

Same question as Friendlyunit.
    Are any of the people who created the Clan still playing? Ludy just said a few created it but didn't give any names.

The Summary from the LiveStream showed that they are putting some focus into Clans now, with the first changes due in the 8.0 patch due in a little over a weeks time.
    Although I am happy enough to play this game with just the small group of friends I already am playing with, they are all TOG members anyway, so joining with the wider TOG players makes sense.

2. Calgacus

Calgacus Just Joined

Clan

Hi Blackice

If there's a ToG clan being put together in Warframe then sign me up. I watched the livestream and had a question read out (sad that should be exciting for me!). Looking forward to U8 but it's definitely looking like we need a clan set up to get the dojo goodies and also for researching more powerful weapons later on! I'm Calgacus in game too :)

3. BlackIce

As the clan 'The Older Gamers' already exists in game, it will be best to wait and see if we can get an invite to that one. If we can't find the original owners then we might need to make up a new clan with a variation name.

4. FRIENDLYUNIT

FRIENDLYUNIT Well-Known Member

I've been fondly thinking of starting a clan called Those Orokin Gentlemen.

5. BlackIce

I have sent Ludy a PM, to see if we can get the names of anyone who is actually in the Clan. If we can't find any still active players, or can't get the clan ownership transferred to active players, then we will create up a new Clan.
    One way or the other I will try to get this sorted out before Friday, so we can all be ready to try out the new content as a clan when the patch arrives.

6. General Doom

General Doom World of Tanks: Vice Captain

A few of us in Aus have been playing a fair bit together, if there isn't any movement from the current owner of the WarFrame TOG clan we will just make a new one.

7. FRIENDLYUNIT

Sweet as. I've not been jumping into TS when playing as I'm shy and feel weird hanging out in general channels.

... having said all this I've been reading the Warframe Reddit and they have a clan, who did very well in the fusion moa challenge. I'm even thinking of joining up with those guys if we are too small. For purely selfish reasons, because they will have a big dojo n stuff.

Might check out their TS for a couple of nights (Australian EST), my time and see how it goes.

8. BlackIce

Clan invites were sent out last night to everyone who has posted their name up in this thread. Check your Contacts page to accept the invite. Its not very visible that you have one pending.
    If anyone else wants to join or has been missed, then please post up your name.

9. BlackIce

Just a quick update before I go to bed.

It seems the invites are not easily spotted. To accept a Clan invite, click on the Contacts menu up the top. You might see some friend invites waiting there since I sent out friend invites before I had access to the clan. Right click on any Pending friend invites and choose accept.
    The Friend invites are seperate to the Clan invites though. Click the 3rd icon on the top of the Contacts window (the 4th icon being the one you use to close that window). This is the Clan window. You will now see the Clan invite sitting in here, showing as Pending.
    Right click on the Pending invite and choose Accept.

Once you accept the Clan invite, this 3rd tab in the contacts window will show you the names and ranks of all other Clan members.
    If you open the chat window down the bottom of your screen you will notice you now have a few additional chat tabs. There is the generic System channel, your Squad channel (if you are in a group), and a Clan channel. This is how we can contact each other. Of course, joining us in the Any Game Channels on Team Speak will always be the best way to speak to other members. The Chat windows don't really warn you that someone had sent you a message unless you had it open already.

10. General Doom

General Doom World of Tanks: Vice Captain

Hope everyone is getting geared up for the Frost Prime bp's.

Epic weekend ahead.....

11. Calgacus

Calgacus Just Joined

Hi BlackIce,

I sent you a message in game but it's easy to miss :) I have one clan invite pending for a clan called 'Trinit'? Is this your clan? I thought it would be named 'ToG' or something like that so I thought I'd double check here just in case someone had sent me a random clan invite. Have you sent me an invite in game and if so is this the name of it?

Cheers

12. FRIENDLYUNIT

On that note; any chance of a channel being set up for Warframe?

13. BlackIce

Yes, I saw your message (eventually) and replied, but just the same as I didnt originally see your message, you didn't notice my reply. I went to send a second but you were offline. That is why I posted up my quick walkthrough before I closed down my pc.

The Clan screen does not scale well. When I accepted the Clan invite all I could see of the name was [Pending clan invite for - Th] or something equally useless.
    Once you accept you will see the full name, and if by chance someone else had sent a blind clan invite to you, you could just drop that clan and try again.

The full clan name is The Older Gamers.

14. BlackIce

Yes, its all tied together with getting Warframe recognised as a formal Division in TOG.
    That will require some Admin assistance, and normally requires a fully released status for a game. Free to Play games are bluring the lines. This game is still technically a Beta, but with 100% uptime, no wipes to occur, and the fact they are taking microtransaction payments for the game...its as 'live' as its going to get.
    I have raised this with the proper channels so we can make some decisions about how we progress this sort of situation within TOG.

Next steps will be to try and find members willing to take on Management TOG roles. Division Captains, Clan leaders, and Officers are requirements for a full division status.

I won't be able to step up for these roles, as I am fully committed to another game. Warframe is a fun secondary game for me. I am willing to do the ground work to get everything setup here though so will continue going through the process.

15. FRIENDLYUNIT

I'll put up my hand for any of those... I do however have an issue in that I'll be offline at home for about four months starting June... After that I'm all in. I'm playing every night currently.

16. Calgacus

Calgacus Just Joined

Hiya,

Yeah I was right the clan was called 'Trinity' something and was some random invite :) If you get a chance could you send me a clan inv. Not sure if I need to be online for it. If so just let me know and can arrange a time.

Cheers :)

17. BlackIce

I have resent the invite, just in case you can only have one pending invite at a time.

We now have our own Team Speak Channels. Check under FPS / Shooter Divisions -> Warframe
    We have three Squad Channels as well.

18. CorvanPhoenix

CorvanPhoenix Retired Captain

Currently sitting on 8 Warframes & 21 weapons, plus lots of blueprints waiting on Alloy Plate & Neurodes. Still enjoying the game very much. I generally play solo cause my ping sucks too much to play online, so I haven't unlocked a fair bit of Pluto and a tiny bit of Ceres. I don't play to unlock systems, I generally play to get materials for crafting and just to have fun.

19. FRIENDLYUNIT

Hey - I always seem to need Neurodes (and control modules) so let me know if you ever want to do a Hek run.

20. BlackIce

I have not had much time over the last few days, but have been focusing on General Sargas Ruk (Tethys, Saturn) to get my missing Ember BP. I have been doing speed runs using Volt, since its such a low level system. I checked last night and realised I have 5 Chassis and 3 Helmet BP's, but still can't get my missing Systems BP :(
    Once I do get my last BP, I will use up the last of my crafting components and be back onto the collecting cycle to replenish my supplies again.
    Alloy Plates seem to be my hardest resources to collect atm, but I am fairly low on Gallium too.
    Surprisingly the rare resources are easier to come by then the Uncommon ones. Rares are a pretty concistent drop from bosses, and you farm the bosses for Warframe BP's. The fact you only really ever need 1 for most crafts means you can stop your farm runs as soon as you reach your goal.
    Uncommon resources though, are not high chances from any particular part of a mission, and you need large quantities. Getting between 10-20 on a drop, when you need 350 for a single craft is just pure pain.