Warframe

Discussion in 'Free to Shoot' started by Chief, Jan 22, 2013.

1. roob

roob Well-Known Member

Reeve, your invite is pending.

I play for a few hours during the day and then most of my evening from around 6pm+ is on teamspeak doing something with other TOG members. It may not be warframe, but it'll be something ;)

If you see me in a map and want to come check it out then don't hesitate to join my mission.
    If you need a hand with an alert a tricky boss or a map that's just a PITA, then give me a poke in TS or PM me for my steam details.

*note* that i'm oceanic timezone so if you're overseas somewhere then the lacency for joining my missions will be horrible.

I'm super keen to see update 14 as the screenshots and vids have shown a few additions that will be awesome :)

**edit**
    oh yea, if you log in before the 16th of this month you'll get a free machete blueprint. The weapon was removed from the game back in 10.4.0 as it was not up to scratch compared to other weapons. I think they added it back in as it's part of a melee stance group of weapons and it's also good for those wanting to max out the mastery as much as possible.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  2. BoneInspector

BoneInspector Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Hello There,

Fellow togger having a look at this game. I like the idea.

Have sent through a friend request roob since you seem to be most active lately.

3. roob

roob Well-Known Member

invite sent and should be pending ;)

4. FRIENDLYUNIT

FRIENDLYUNIT Well-Known Member

Just to say I fired this up again the other day and am hooked again (though lots of thigs have changed and it appears I'm terrible - I'm getting my bum handed to me by Capt Vor now WTF?!).

I'm going to play some planetside2 (Heya BoneInspector) until my sub runs out at the end of the month then I'll be back with a vengeance.

Be sure to add me on steam if you run it through that.

I'm only level 4 but don't hesitate to invite me if you need help or access to a mission. I'm also very interested in getting some Forma so void missions would be great.

A TS room sounds awesome....

5. BoneInspector

I'll see what we can do re the TS room. Lets not get too hasty though. The poor mods are busy men.
    For now the any game channel or just look me up.

Will add you on steam.

6. roob

roob Well-Known Member

Good to see some fellow toggers taking an interest in this rather fleshed out F2P game. :)

I was in conversation with vlad on teamspeak about warframe the other day and the two main topics of conversation was a) how did you want to progress in the game and b) how you could expand on your warframe/weapon slots without paying real world dollars.

Covering topic b):

With the introduction of the ability to trade in a clan dojo, you'll find that certain rare or ranked up mods can be traded to other players who are willing to pay in plat (warframe market currency). This opens the window for the ability to expand your inventory slots and buy all the fluff stuff off the market.
    Basically, you could get everything in the game by just playing.

I highly recommend not spending real money to buy warframes or weapons, as this takes the fun out of the game. Around 98% of the weapons and frames can be gained without a grind, so long as you have done your customary sacrifices to your RNG gods or you have a few mates willing to enjoy some of the more "interesting" maps.

Covering topic a):

Did he want to be carried through missions or progress at his own pace?
    I could have run him through all the hard stuff, opened up a lot of the map, let him get some easy rare resources and components, but where's the fun in that? The progression side of the game is really balanced and removing that makes the game less enjoyable in the long run.

Alerts for special items (auras, skins, rare blueprints) are one thing that I recommend the new guys to be helped with. Some items are only on the alert table and if you have the system locked then you can't do it and will miss out till RNG next time. Obviously this is player preference, but you'll get to know what is alert drop only and what can be gained elsewhere. ;)

Defence/mobile defence missions can sometimes be hard to solo depending on gear and if you're progression blocked on some things then set your latency to 100-150 and try and get an online group, or poke a fellow togger ;)

T3-T4 maps, Lephantis farming, conflict and derelict missions can be where the fun starts and your maps are pretty much invite only. You can solo these things (with the right frame and mods) but you'll die alone a lot and it's more fun to die with others :p

The warframe wiki is a great source on game information if you're wondering where things are or what they do.

Find out what makes the game fun for you, if you want to go at your own pace and solo some stuff then that's cool, if you would rather ninja it up with other guys and do some missions then that's cool also :cool:

-roob

*p.s.* they halted the production of dark sectors/solar rails today till the content changes for these items come through. These items take a while to deploy and they are making sure that people don't have these in progress when the content is updated. They will be re-enabled U14 and this seems to indicate that U14 may be this week !! :D

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    2_islands likes this.
  7. 2_islands

2_islands Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late! Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hi. My toon ChocCoffeeBean is in playing with BoneInspector. Sent invite to roob.

Regards

8. roob

roob Well-Known Member

Nice name ;)

clan invite sent out and should be pending

Note that when you're first invited you may have a rank that doesn't have dojo hosting privs till you are promoted.

If nobody has noticed then that's good as it means i'm getting it done quickly :p

If people want to use a more private forum for warframe chatter than we have used the FPs mess hall in the past for warframe posting and conversations.

Currently there's not much in the way of warframe topics posted there and you'd have to dig 2+ months to see anything.

When U14 hits there's bound to be a lengthy post about it there though ;)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  9. BoneInspector

Will do,

Noticed I need to craft a key for dojo access so even if I can't access it through ranks it makes no difference at the moment.

Trying to get on every couple of nights between 8:30 and 10:30 Aest for a round or 2.

Will move later conversations to the new forum, thanks for the suggestion.

10. roob

roob Well-Known Member

Directing people to the FPS mess hall was just an option if people want to use a more private area for TOG conversations and posting info as this thread is in the public area for all the world to see ;)

11. General Doom

General Doom World of Tanks: Vice Division Captain

Hello World!!!

12. threeleggedfrog

threeleggedfrog Active Member

hey all looking for an invite names frogsbreath. been playing for about 2 days love it. and i too also suck lol

13. 2_islands

2_islands Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late! Staff Member Administrator Moderator

14. BlackIce

BlackIce Guardian Division Captain

Nice to see such a resurgence to the game. It is a really fun free to play coop FPS.
    It kept my interest for 589 hours of game play.
    I am not sure you are all convincing me to return, but I am glad to see the new crop coming through to enjoy it.

Get yourselves access to the dojo as soon as you can. It was all created by previous members ingame efforts, and I believe that we are current on the full compliment of rooms.
    There are many Clan exclusive weapons that are only available via a fully researched Dojo. You will want to see what is available. Then you can focus on running the right planets to collect the resources, and craft them for yourselves.

15. Eponymous

Eponymous Clan Invite Monkey

Is everyone else having the log in issues I'm having? I cant get in game at all.

16. BoneInspector

Ddos on servers I heard.

17. Wobin

Wobin Well-Known Member

yeah, I'm having some issues, but sometimes, I can get in

18. roob

roob Well-Known Member

I think this has happened twice this week.

I blame wobin.

19. Chrysar

Chrysar Getting Started

Hey Guys,
    been a member a member a long time playing all sorts of games but recently the Destiny Beta on the PS4, when I bought it (launch ) I D/L Warframe and run a few chars, never thought to look you guys up for a clan as I was pretty much getting into groups at the start but that has died off a lot.
    hopefully run into a few of you online and run some missions, Name is Chrysar1 on PS4, might even send a cheeky invite to the dojo.
    ps, don't post much (my first) but normally game on from 5pm onwards depending on the Minister for war & finance :)

20. roob

roob Well-Known Member

hey mate,

I'm not sure how many members play it on PS4, but it's a slightly later client than the PC (not by much though) and as such I don't think any cross platforming can be done.

I tried adding you to my friends list using the name you have listed, but it said the user did not exist. :(