Warhammer Online Museum

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming and Nostalgia!' started by JamesGoblin, Feb 6, 2016.

1. JamesGoblin

JamesGoblin Getting Started

Let's open with the trailer & intro:

Next on the repertoire are:

Here's couple videos about sieges and scenarios.

Tor Anroc (lava bath! - Dwarf Ironbreaker PoW):

...and the (failed [​IMG] ) siege of Dok Karaz, Barak Varr keep, T2 (Dwarf Engineer PoW):

Now, for some lighter themes. War Tribute:

...And last (but not least!) - "The Beauty of Warhammer World" series:

Part 1:

Enjoy!

2. -=Guru=-

-=Guru=- Active Member

Yep I also miss this fantastic game.
    For me the end game was not good enough. After a while it a little boring and the game needed something else to do as max lvl fx other variations of pvp or even some pve.

The leveling experience was incredible though.

3. JamesGoblin

Yea, I heard it lots of times - there was some magic in lower levels, battlegrounds and "casual" PvP. Once we hit grindy and premadey and scheduley T4, the magic was gone...

It has something to do with EA pushing it's, basically, early beta to launch. They were quite cynical about it - programmers and money were necessary for then-upcoming SWToR, aka "how could this possibly fail?" :D

4. Lyth

Lyth Just Joined

You guys do know that some players are rebuilding the game yeah? Last time I check it out you could only go up to level 10 and they were having a problem with a few of the class abilities but they aim to get some servers going soon.
    Personally loved WAR, good thread. :)

5. -=Guru=-

-=Guru=- Active Member

I did not know that Lyth, thanks for the pointing that out.
    I will immediately see if I can find more info on that.

6. JamesGoblin

It was T1, T2 + T3 (lvl 30-something) last time I checked, and growing. WAR is the reason I am very much hyped for Mark Jacobs' next project, Camelot Unchained (thou people much more often compare it to DAoC).

Anyone interested can google Return of Reckoning, hop in and play...I guess!?

7. Czzarre

Czzarre Just Joined

Let me say. This game is VERY much alive still!!
    I was fortunate to find Private Server 'Return of Reckoning' a few months back. Very active, especially with the folks in Europe.
    Peak times I saw 1K population, 45%-55% Order/destro. Lots of swings back and forth in battle from night to night.
    Nearly all the fights are T1 or T4. T2 and T3 are dead, so the devs recently upped XP from quests to hep people jump to T4 quickly.
    Status of RvR is all T4, scenario. No city sieges yet. Kinda got the game pretty much close to where is was at release. Stable server for the most part (This summer was hard with DDOS attack)

Very cool project is that they are skinning the Dwarven, and Greenskin cities. They hope to have that come out and be released to the players. They released a few pics. https://returnofreckoning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3405&hilit=dwarf+city&start=50

Lots of fun. Come join
    Torrae

8. vesacre

vesacre Well-Known Member

Might be time to pull out my collector box and cds and take a quick look