Warhammer Online Rumours

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by solarbear88, Aug 15, 2010.

1. solarbear88

solarbear88 Well-Known Member

2. brohawk

brohawk Retired Captains

or maybe the anti-hype is EA/Bioware letting Mythic go to the wasteland and focus more on TOR

3. Snott

Snott Well-Known Member

I agree. 3 factions would make it self-balance as theother 2 gang up on the top dog all the time no matter who it is. There have been numerous articles about tis very subject and why it is basically the only way to have a (reasonably) balanced game.

4. Getafix

Getafix Retired Captain

Aions third NPC faction should have provided that balance - unfortunately it wasn't intelligently coded to aid balance, instead if one faction held most of the abyss, the balaur would usually attack the one fort that the underdogs actually held, resulting in [​IMG]

Balance has to be the single most important aspect of any faction based MMO, unbalanced servers are no fun for either side.

I never played it, but weren't there three factions in DAoC? I wonder why they chose to only have two in Warhammer...

5. Mesar

Mesar Retired Captain

Yes Getafix, there where 3 factions in DAoC, which is why many ex-DAoC players were baffled about why Mythic went with 2.

6. solarbear88

solarbear88 Well-Known Member

7. Varthus

Varthus Active Member

The three faction warfare of DAoC was amazing. I'm one of the old guys that was stunned when Mythic only released two. I think that was more EA than Mythic honestly. EA aka Killer of Game Studios worldwide! (Glare)

8. Flintwick

Flintwick Retired Captain

I will stand up as one of the baffled masses from old-school DAoC who was miffed at no third faction in Warhammer. Three factions is for sure the way to go in any large scale faction warfare game, due to the balancing nature. Another game which used three factions to great effect was Planetside, another large scale RvR type game, and another which benefited from the balancing nature of three factions.

9. Serious

Serious Active Member

Skaven.... They could make Ogres, Bretonnians, Vampire Counts, Wood Elves, Lizardmen... and they make Skaven?

But three sides?? Oooooh :D

10. Ange

Ange Active Member

Epic fail. Wheres the fun in grindin to 100.

As to only having 2 factions, wow, it was a suprise. I wounder where they came up with that idea.

11. Wabbajack

Wabbajack Well-Known Member

Well it's fairly clear the game was a bit of a rush job towards the end. Maybe a third faction was in the works but they decided to cut it so they could release the game earlier. I was a little upset when they anounced they were cuting the number of claases and were only doing one capital city per race.

12. Jonesos

Jonesos Getting Started

Been back in WAR since Feb and Dorkabin has been back for 4 or so months too. There have been a lot of changes since we all shipped out to Aion.

13. Jonesos

Jonesos Getting Started

We are also trying to resurrect ToG on Volkmar. I retained control of ToG on an alt and Barman has control of MoG on one of his alts.

14. Snott

Snott Well-Known Member

Which side is TOG on, on Volkmar? I have Destro toons there on an inactive account in A Moment of Violence (guild basically defunct also).

Is the cross-realm mechanic in play yet so I can basically put my Destro toons on hold if I want to play Order with TOG if that is the case?

edit: answer is no. I created Order on new account, old one is inactive now.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  15. Jonesos

Jonesos Getting Started

ToG is now in the Dark Iron Alliance with Villian Walkers, TeamSG etc.

Skaven are coming as a playable race but as to how they are going to be integrated is another question.