What Errors have you done?

Discussion in 'Minecraft (Public)' started by DarkDuck, Aug 18, 2014.

1. DarkDuck

DarkDuck Guardian Captain

Ok, so I have made a boo boo, and damn it has hurt!!!

I planted a redwood sapling it would seem in my underground tree farm.

This has resulted in a giant trunk through my place (now mostly removed)

but has cost me 3 golems, 1 ender chest, multiple livestock.../sigh

oh and a set of armour that had glider wings, fall protection mod, and a large battery...

so around 100+ iron gone lol

2. DaedalusAlpha

DaedalusAlpha Well-Known Member

How did the armor disappear? was it in another chest that got destroyed?

3. DarkDuck

it was on an armour stand, and anything in the tree's way was destroyed :(

4. DaedalusAlpha

I guess I could mention one time I managed to drown in my power armor (with active respirator no less). Technically though I didn't drown; it was poison, which funny enough the suit doesn't protect you from. The reason was that the poison was in a quarry so it was dug out and flowing downwards faster than my powerarmor could handle so I died with my power armor ending up at the bottom of a quarry filled with poison. Suffice to say my efforts in reaquiring it was in vain. So after much dirt filling and well after the time the items had despawned I angrily get back to my base to create new power armor. I manage to create all the suit parts and were about to add modules to it when I notice something strange; in my AE system there was already one of each power armor part. And it had just the upgrades my armor had! What?

Turns out that while I was rummaging around in my base after my first death to find dirt to cover the poison, my quarry happily continued its operation, passing over and sucking up my power armor and depositing it in the AE system :D

And that's why I love automation...

5. RzA

RzA Active Member

not to bad damage from that dark , i think when i got a redwood in the middle of my old place lost half an Me system , DSU's and a few other things

6. Akira Doe

Akira Doe Active Member

I let my wife play (for the first time) and she figured out how to use my quarry, +1 to her.

But...

It was on top of my base, mainly right over the barrel storage room.

So like... I know she did this deliberately, even if by accident.

7. Deweyoxberg

Deweyoxberg Well-Known Member

EK and the wrath lighter.

Enough said. :D

8. Nuljones

Nuljones Active Member

Hehe, great stories.

I had the same issue with a bloodwood tree one time MD. Didn't give enough space and didn't know it could go through walls... it grew down through my small base almost filling it and destroying many blocks.

9. Tribble

Tribble Getting Started

I had a similar problem with one of those pesky trees a couple of servers ago. It took some cleaning up and I lost a couple of items but no serious damage I can remember. My sincere sympathy Dark Duck.

10. Irimar

Irimar Retired Captain

Everyone who's ever tried to make a fireplace with real fire in a wooden house, raise your hand.

o/

11. Emeraldknight

Emeraldknight Active Member

\o
    When I planted those trees from the twilight in my tree farm and the roots took everything out.
    Dewey that was miner compared to the time I forced the server to do a 48 hour roll back after a long weekend where everyone spend every waking minute (including myself) and a few where they should have been sleeping as well.

12. any1seenjoe

any1seenjoe Minecraft: Vice Captain

o/

although.... the type of fireplace I tried to make worked fine in 1.2.5... *grumbles about mohjang increasing the fire spread radius in 1.3.2*

I think learning modded minecraft is all about making silly mistakes (how many machines did everyone else blow up learning ic2's power system, built a nuclear reactor or boiler crossing chunk boundaries, or forgot to chunk load combustion engines water supply)

The big stand out oopsie I remember doing was in 1.2.5, discovering a players secret base... with a rp2 frame mining machine ;)

13. Akira Doe

Akira Doe Active Member

o/

14. Dalienx

Dalienx Well-Known Member

think the worst thing ive done is one of first few times i set up a buildcraft quarry, without realizing it i put the steam engine, ender chest, and the quarry machine itself right on the border of the quarry marks, and the laser destroyed it all lol

15. DarkDuck

o/ yups twas a beautiful house ytoo, fire place was 3 wide...."heat" set fire to wood 4 blocks away, I came back to a fireplace in mid air rofl

16. LazarusProject

LazarusProject Minecraft Leader

Nothing completely heart breaking for me yet. A few near misses, like taking the firestone out of the miners backpack while sorting my ores forgetting about my wooden floors... 'what is that crackling sound I hear...'

And of course missing the jump exploring with all my best gear falling down a 1x1 hole into a little lava lake (a little lag just to make it fun)

17. DarkDuck

ok, interesting twist, my tree farm, running on Oak, Sakura and White Cherry tree's suddenly over the past 2 days has planted 3 Redwood saplings...

the planters are running Precision Import Bus's with whitelist of ONLY the sapling that that farm is meant to plant, and the planter had a full compliment of the saplings, dunno how the redwood entered the system.

I have purged my system, ended up with over 20 stacks of redwoods, and also installed a precision import bus on the offending chest attached to the harvester, to prevent any redwoods entering the MFE system,

/sigh the fun it was repairing the damage.

18. DaedalusAlpha

I'm starting to feel lucky my tree farm is a bit to the side of my main base ;)

As for the precision import bus, do you have the dictionary active in it? It is active by default I think, and it will translate any sapling to any other sapling.

Another way to be REALLY sure is to have a separate system for the harvester/planter and just have a pipe run from the harvester, via a filter pipe (that filters saplings) to the planter and then let any overflow saplings and the wood end up in the AE system.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  19. AdmiralTriggerH

AdmiralTriggerH Retired Captain

o/
    I did this in my hotel on Frontier and it spread from the basement to the top floor, I rage quit for the day and came back a couple of days later in the week to find that some kind souls in our divison had harvested lots of wood and repaired all the damage for me.

20. Fate

Fate Well-Known Member

I remember when someone accidently set fire to the spawn village in our very first tog server (the one with the newbie mine) while making a fireplace. Luckily it was in-between saves so I just restarted the server.