Will you make an Imperial?

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online (Public)' started by Thymos, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

Sorry, we don't talk Parseltongue.

2. Grayman

Grayman Lord of the Rings Leader

I'll definitely roll both a Breton and an Imperial, and I'm planning on buying the Imperial edition this weekend to assure my Breton can be in whatever faction TOG settles on. Then once we get rolling I'll decide which I'm enjoying the most and make that my main.

3. Jeimuzu

Jeimuzu Active Member

My main will be a Nord Dragonknight on the Aldmeri Dominion; you may contact me for all your tanking needs. If you are are TOGer and no part of the dominion, you shall be ganked and teabagged.

I am certainly interested in seeing what the Imperial bonuses and ultimate will be.

4. Opti

Opti War Thunder Captain

Darkelf Sorcerer

5. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

An Imperial or a Khajiit.

Alts, hmmm... nord maybe.

6. Blue_Talon

Blue_Talon Well-Known Member

Khajiit Nightblade with bow and blade. Imperial Templar is the best roman style heavy armor I can find. And probably a Dark Elf Sorcerer and an Argonian DragonKnight.

mmmm, Alts....

7. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

What style of blades? 2 weapons, two hander, or blade+shield?

8. Blue_Talon

Blue_Talon Well-Known Member

Maybe Sword and Board or 2-hander. Im thinking S+B. Blocking in any ES game has always been key. Most of my skills will be Magicka based anyhow with the NightBlade build, not weapon/stamina based. So weapon style is mainly for the passives and thats about it (apart from looks and there are some cool looking shields in the artwork shown already). The S+B gives a passive to block (which I plan to use a lot) and has some good defensive skills to complement the more offensive Nightblade skills.

Defensive S+B Skills I want:
    • [Passive] Fortress – While you have a one-handed weapon and shield equipped, the cost of blocking is reduced.
    • [Passive] Deflect Bolts – While you have a one-handed weapon and shield equipped, block an additional percentage of damage from projectiles and ranged attacks.
    • [Passive] Sword and Board – While you have a one-handed weapon and shield equipped, all damage and armor are increased.
    • [Passive] Battlefield Mobility – While you have a one-handed weapon and shield equipped, movement speed while blocking is increased.
    • [Active] Defensive Posture – While slotted, increases block mitigation and reduces block cost. Activating the skill reflects the next spell projectile back at the attacker.
    I need to check too if sneak attacks work for 2-handers or only for 1 hand weapons. That will also play a role in what I choose.

Rough build at the moment (using only realeased info untuil NDA is lifted)
    1 - Assassins Blade (Assassination)
    2 - Teleport Strike (Assassination)
    3 - Mark Target (Assassination)
    4 - Defensive Posture (S+B) or Agony (Siphoning) depending on role
    5 - Strife (Siphoning)
    U - Deathstroke (Assassination) or Soulshred (Siphoning) depending on role

^ Most of this is magicka based, not weapon based skills, so weapon passives are the main reason to choice a certain type of weapon. Where S+B passives boost blocking, something you will always use regardless of role, 2-hand and dual weild passives boost light and heavy weapon attacks as well as apply or boost applicaiton of certain weapon procs and DOT/status effects. So if you are going for a pure class skills (magicka based) build then S+B is a pretty good choice just for the passives.

^ All that info can be found here ESO Guide | The #1 Fansite for Elder Scrolls Online News, Previews and Reviews, Weapon Skills, Class Skills on various different pages. it was a struggle not to use any info covered still by the NDA.

9. OzzieWorm

OzzieWorm Well-Known Member

I'll be going standard...

Khajit Nightblade most likely... secondary unsure. I didn't get enough time to trial the other classes fully. Possibly templar though.

10. C4

C4 Retired Captain

11. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

Imperial Dragonknight Tank, reporting for duty, and I don't give a rats ass who I am fighting for or against as long as I get to crack some skulls.

I think I have amnesia, becoz the only thing I know is that I am a refugee from Cyrodill, and I may have worshiped Molag Bal's ass hole.