Steam Winter Sales/draws

Discussion in 'Digital Distribution & Mobile Game Applications' started by Brootal, Dec 18, 2011.

1. SemiproCharlie

SemiproCharlie Well-Known Member

Looks like I also got a hat to wear in Portal 2... or something.

So far I've not been tempted with any of the daily deals on days 1 or 2. Let's hope things pick up tomorrow.

2. Thermal Ions

Thermal Ions Retired Captain

Well it seems it was too tempting for quite a few people. It was up there in the list of top sellers, and it now appears to have been pulled from sale - doesn't appear on the AU, US or UK sites. I'm guessing WB realised they'd included WitN and B:AC by mistake and were concerned about eroding their "new release" revenue.

3. Father

Father The Boss Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Yeah if it sells well pull it! Bad karma on you Warner, I didn't see the US price but I can only imagine how cheap that would have been.

I didn't end up getting it, looked at some reviews for WITN and good but not great is the impression I got.

Arkham Asylum was a good game but I'm not a Batman fan as such, I'm sure that will go on sale many more times. Greenman still has that at a good price.

4. Thermal Ions

According to Warner Bros. Complete Pack Pack Details /au SteamPrices.com (when it was listed there) it was the same price in Australia & US (roughly $75), while in the UK it was £40 (approx $62). In various European countries it was €75 (approx $97) according to reports on RPS.

I imagine there'd be a few UK gamers kicking themselves if they been considering it and missed out.

While there's some games in there I'm interested in, I've already got AA & AC so it's still cheaper for me to pick up just the couple I'm likely to play (eventually).

5. Biohazard

Biohazard Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
  6. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

Just a heads up for those interested in the the Great Gift Pile thing.

Here is a list of games which have recently been updated with christmas related achievements, it's likely most of these will be daily tasks at some point. The wiki also has guides on how to easily get these achievements.

In addition, several of the listed games are in the current Humble Bundle, if you pay above the average ($5.16 as I post this) you also get Cave Story+ which is on the list. All Humble Bundle games can be activated on steam providing you pay more than $1 but you'd be nuts not to pay above the average because both Cave Story+ and Gratuitous Space Battles are fantastic games.

The current Indie Royale also contains Dino D-Day which is on the list, it's only $4.99 on steam and may be even cheaper if it becomes a daily sale but as I post this, through Indie Royale it's only $3.77 and you get 4 other games. All of those games except The Oil Blue and Elf Squad 7 include keys to activate on Steam.

7. red_one

red_one Retired Captain

[​IMG]

8. QuestorNZ

QuestorNZ Getting Started

Sigh...

Batman Arkham City 50% off......at $49.99

In the US it's $24.99

This REALLY annoys me

9. Thermal Ions

Interestingly the DLC is the same price in the US and AU/NZ. I've 4 hours left to convince myself if I want the DLC or not though.

10. JJ

JJ Retired Captain

I got it the arkham city DLC, 50% off. didn't get the stupid skins though ;) now to get my pc fixed in all that spare time you have at this time of year so i can check it out :)

11. Rob.

Rob. Retired Captain

Bah, Rage is $14.99 on the US store and $44.99 on ours....not cool. :mad:

12. Bling_T

Bling_T Getting Started

I bought Railworks 3 deluxe fo4 €3.49. Couldn't pass on this, I used to play with trains a lot when I was a kid. Download is slow...
    I'll probably get Flatout 3 as well, some friend already got it and we have a mini-lanparty in januari

13. lauresh

lauresh Getting Started

There's been some cool Indie games in the steam sale that i've picked up but the "blockbuster" game sales have been pretty lackluster.

I believe it was 50% off MW3 the other day, bringing it down to $49.99, and apparently this is a good deal. HMM!

14. QuestorNZ

Managed to get a free copy of Grid for doing one of the achievements yesterday - traded it for something I didn't already have on the Steam forum - result!

and yeah, the indie stuff has been the best value by far this sale

15. Biohazard

Biohazard Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
  16. Jigoku

Jigoku Retired Captain

Just so you know, that coupon has negative value. All the Dungeons franchise is currently 50% off anyway so if anyone gave you anything for it they would be losing money. Goes for almost every coupon currently on offer. The only trade value a coupon has would be for another coupon ...

17. Topfuel

Topfuel Well-Known Member

I have Borderlands GOTY, willing to trade make an offer

18. QuestorNZ

I've got loads of stuff - not sure this thread is necessarily the right place, being in the public forum?

19. SemiproCharlie

SemiproCharlie Well-Known Member

Should be fine to chat about titles here, just take usernames, etc to PM. Just my opinion.

Topfuel likes this.
  20. PhatFreD

PhatFreD Well-Known Member

With Steam's new trading feature and the regular sales on four-packs and the like it might be a good idea to start a sub-forum here for TOGers that want to trade Steam items.

1 person likes this.