Witcher 3!

Discussion in 'RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others' started by hadrian6616, Mar 4, 2013.

1. LavaCaverns

LavaCaverns Well-Known Member

13Hrs in and havent made a dent. Spent a good 5hrs wondering around the 'prologue' area.

Leveling is SO SLOW. Only lvl 6 i believe. So little xp for just running around and explorin.
    Mind you at 6 i can kill level 10-11 NPCs (using signs), but still frigging slow going.
    Get quests for level 27 and another for level 10 at same time >.<

Need a mod to get merchants to buy stuff much more nearer to worth ASAP. Always running out of coin, shits so expensive.
    'An item worth 2000 crowns... ill give you 200 for it'...
    Pawnstars THE GAME...

Needs a better UI aswell, get full so easily, need a sort by weight/value function.

Having an awesome time anyway.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  2. Bawheidbob

Bawheidbob Well-Known Member

Goodbye real world.

3. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Might have to knock a few settings down myself - indoors I get ~30fps and outdoors up to about 45 on Ultra settings. I've been exploring the question marks :p and levelling is very very slow. I think I'm level 3 after about 3 hours and completing quite a number of side quests.

4. ToxicXistance

ToxicXistance Active Member

That answers my question, I thought I was leveling really slow just to get to lvl 2...But then I've only done a few side quests and a bit of hack n slash.

5. hadrian6616

hadrian6616 Well-Known Member

alright, my verdict after seven hours of gameplay is....yes it is awesome. But not without some negatives. Camera and swimming controls spring to mind first. Too much use of the witcher sense. Too many 'follow me' sections in the quests.

Playing on ultra settings, so sometimes cutscenes faces will pop up texture by texture. But hot damn it looks awesome.

6. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

For me it falls down in the voice acting - it all feels very wooden. GTAV's voice acting is excellent in comparison. I love the dialog in GTAV, I find it irritating in W3.

Some of the mini-quests have been confusing. The frying pan one, felt it could have led to something a whole lot more than it did, unless I missed something?

Overall, I'm enjoying it though.

7. VladamirLutrova

VladamirLutrova Guild Wars 2 Officer

I wouldn't be surprised to see something related to that quest pop up again later. I've done a few ones like that already where other people can be spoken to about it later on and even if you only get a bit more of a backstory out of that it's still nice. They've taken care to interweave a lot of things regarding characters, locations and story so that it feels more fluid that way. Less like one event is done and never thought about again.

The voice acting in ALL the Witcher games has been a drawback, but that's something I've often seen with games coming from that part of the world. It just doesn't seem to be a strong point for the region. I'm sure there are exceptions, but generally it's what I expected so I'm not let down.

Of course, I'm also a little bias since I'm Aussie with a Polish background, but we can ignore that. ;)

8. delushin

delushin Well-Known Member

I am blown away by the quality of the collectors edition, the box was freaking massive which result in my trophy wife not being able to carry it, then when you open it up the entire team has signed it. Then you know how sometimes it is a pain in the ass to get things out of the box and you need two people? Well they have put these really convenient flaps in there to lift out the first box.

The first box was covered with a hard glossy cover that splits in two to reveal the game and the metal case, the Witcher medallion and an amazing art book.

And the statue ... well that has taken top shelf in my display cabinets.

Didn't get much time to play the game yet though and I have only just made it to the first pub so literally not far in at all. I am choosing to play on the hardest difficulty which took me a few reties to kill those Drowners at the first treasure chest location en route to the pub.

Really looking forward to put some nice hours in this weekend!

I wish others would learn from CD Projekt Red on how to deliver a real collectors edition where it makes you really feel like it was value added. I can't wait to see what they do with Cyberpunk.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  9. VladamirLutrova

VladamirLutrova Guild Wars 2 Officer

I definitely regret not getting a collector's edition..... live and learn I guess. :p

10. Sleighty

Sleighty Retired Captain

Played for about 6 hours yesterday and yrs I feel the same way only level 3 and lots to learn. I bought the Prima guide and I'm glad I did there is so much information in it that I would have missed, I recommend getting it if your going to out some real time into this game.

11. LavaCaverns

I admit loving the horse combat, easy way of killing those small bandit camps without losing too much health. Plus the kill animations are AWESOME
    Good way of dealing with humans way above your level too, charge in swipe-retreat, repeat.
    Any Idea what to do with the Trophies? It says can cash in but where? who?

12. Sleighty

Sleighty Retired Captain

Killing those bandit camps? What lvl are you playing the game on, first one I tried I got smashed lol
    I'm playing hard, blood and broken bones.

13. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

Wasn't sure if I was going to pick up my preorder, but I did this morning. Installing now.

The low settings still look really good.

14. LavaCaverns

27 hours in.... level 12...

This truly is going to take a while.
    Spending most time doing the ? spots. Get all the diagrams!
    Progress in pic.

Admit im kinda miss matched armour, whatevers best using try to use atleast 2 of partic type.
    Wish we could have a stash box, carrying round so much shite, too scared to sell because might need it later...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  15. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

I started on Hard until I realised meditate didn't deal vitality and knocked it down a level. When I got points, I was using the cursor keys to pick what to unlock - which is a bad idea since it doesn't give you tool tips. Spent 8 points before I realised there was an unlock that healed vitality when out of combat. I should knock it back up.

I'm finding it a little grindy though. I'm level 4 in the second area and find that most of the quests are well beyond my level. Having to seek ?'s and even most of them have enemies beyond my ability to kill. Focusing on the main quest hoping that the XP is a little more generous helping me to level up quicker.

16. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Do you have a trophy on your horse? It'll convey the bonuses as stipulated on the trophy. I have the XP one at the moment trying to level up a little faster though the dismemberment one can be really cool. Sliced a dude in half the other day. ;)

17. hadrian6616

hadrian6616 Well-Known Member

I'm definitely feeling underlevelled at the moment.

18. delushin

delushin Well-Known Member

The horse combat is certainly a huge help for those camps, especially on Death March difficulty ... ride up and focus on the really annoying archer first and lob off his head!

Then I do another pass depending on the amount of enemies, drop a few more head and jump to the ground for the final duel.

I know some people are starting to comment on the DM difficulty as being tedious as you need to prepare for every fight, well I wouldn't say everyone but you need to be switched on and certainly utilising your signs, potions and bombs far more. For me that is just what I am after, I love researching and learning the enemy and working out the most efficient tactics for dealing with them.

19. Sleighty

Sleighty Retired Captain

Agree I'm looking for a challenge so death march was the choice for new. Not finding a lot of time to play atm which is the only problem. But I'm doing a bit of reading the Prima guide is helping a lot.

20. LavaCaverns

Playing on 'normal', didn't finish the first 2 games so i thought to ease my self into the game.
    Had the right decision as im challenged in the mode, 'hard' would be a bit much for me atm. Finding myself meditating after every fight, if only to refresh the bombs/potions.
    As a witcher noob, facepalming that i didn't use many potions in the early stages.
    Thunderbolt + swallow makes life easier.

This game certainly challenges my moral compass. REALLY want to go murder a few npc's but having to play nice with the monsters. SIGH eternal flame NPCS make my sword arm itch.