Witcher EE: Platinum on Win 7?

Discussion in 'RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others' started by Willow, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Willow

Willow Dream Catcher

Thinking of picking up The Witcher Enhanced Edition - Platinum and I was wondering if anyone has had any issues running it on Win 7 before I head on and get it.

Cheers

2. Jia

Jia Retired Moderator

I bought “The Witcher Enhanced Edition” (minus the Platinum?) a few weeks ago and I had to give up on it after a few hours. The game kept crashing randomly on my Windows 7 64bit machine, completely sucking the fun out of it.
    From what I can tell, if you have Win7, buying it is a bit of a gamble. Some people have no trouble with it, others have the same issues that I had.
    I even recall seeing an online game store that had the game listed as being incompatible with Windows 7.

If you still have a Windows XP CD/DVD lying around somewhere, you can set up your PC to dual boot Win7 and WinXP (there are plenty of simple guides on how to do this if you do a google search). That would solve any potential compatibility problems with “The Witcher” and Win7.

Willow likes this.
  3. brohawk

brohawk Retired Captains

have you tried using XP compatibility mode? There is also a virtual XP you can download from Microsoft that is a virtual machine.

4. Willow

Willow Dream Catcher

I'll have a dig about and see if I still have the disks from my old computer - new lappy so not a new install over xp, unfortunately.

Cheers

5. Bawheidbob

Bawheidbob Well-Known Member

Let us know how this goes as i was interested in getting this one also in preparation for the next game.

C4 likes this.
  6. Milt

Milt Well-Known Member

JB Hifi are selling the witcher EE for 8 bucks. Picked up a copy thought it was a bargain

7. brohawk

brohawk Retired Captains

8. Willow

Willow Dream Catcher

I'll give that a shot when I get home and see, cheers