wont be here long

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by stonecold, Aug 27, 2004.

1. stonecold

stonecold Just Joined

I dont think I will be here long, playing in the team skirmishes. I am totaly deaf, and depend on typing commands and recieving typed commands. I read that most use the vioce comms, so I will be out of here.
    stone :cry: cold

2. max63

max63 Retired Advisor

i wouldn't let that stop ya from playing with TOG,lots of us use type method for communication,i think what ever game you decide to partake in, just let the TOG people playing in those games know you can't use voice,it will not be a problem,most of the time you can't get a word in or hear whats going on anyway,mainly because of all the yapping,remember you are in a mature community,where the members are from all over the world,we will always have communication problems,we somehow manage to work things out,give it a chance before you decide to leave,IMO

3. stonecold

stonecold Just Joined

OK, Thanks, i'll stick around for awhile, and see what happens.
    moses

4. Dars183

Dars183 Retired Moderator

Well said Max63 :) One other point of consideration stonecold, when you are in a squad for your fav game and there is a war on, usually there is a written strategy which will outline your role in the game. This plus radio (& text) commands should make playing easier.

For me there is also a lot of enjoyment in browsing the forums reading the tall tales and true, keeping up with the latest news and flaming :wink: your mates.

Hope you will at least give TOG the opportunity to show anything is possible,

Cheers

5. butterfly

butterfly Well-Known Member

Some guys who play with modems don't use voice comms either so what would be the difference...

Or you could be like me and just ignore the captains anyway...
    Mainly cause ours are dead from being Tked :lol:

6. stonecold

stonecold Just Joined

butterfly, you made a good point!
    I did that in few online games and the caps got pissed off and kicked me, cuz i couldnt follow his almighty commands.

7. Chesty

Chesty Well-Known Member

Hey Stonecold - if you get the chance soon go play a match with Dars in charge - this will quickly show that the most hearing gifted people will still manage to shoot you in the back. :evil: :p

I dont think you will be disadvantaged too much because many times we have had 12 people talking at once and I personally cant understand what is being said so you may actually be in a better position not being able to hear what goes on.

What I think is important for you is to get teamspeak/xfire so for the Captains they know that you are online before the game starts. What normally happens before a game, the captains go over the strat and sort out who is doing what. Maybe give your captain a reminder before hand to use MSN chat or XFire chat so that they can give you a person/s to follow and some points of interest in the game. That way you can shoot whateva comes your way and enjoy the match.

I think you will find that everyone will be most willing to help you out here to get some fun out of your gaming as long as you can work with the process for the next couple of months. We can learn what is good for you and work with it.

8. stonecold

stonecold Just Joined

most of the online games i play are with friends...co-op..we just go in and help each other along the way no special strategys. watch each others sixes

9. max63

max63 Retired Advisor

thats basically all anybody does,so it looks like your already ahead of the game,if you know how to watch a six,and not TK,your good as it gets :wink:

10. butterfly

butterfly Well-Known Member

help? :lol:

11. Warbear.Prime

Warbear.Prime Well-Known Member

don't worry about not hearing the voice comms dude - most of the bastards in this place ignore it anyway, and they can hear quite well thank you very much!

12. stonecold

stonecold Just Joined

:D :D :D :D

13. sinbad66

sinbad66 Active Member

stay with us
    if they cant understand your predicament then stuff em

14. RASPUTIN

RASPUTIN Well-Known Member

:lol: sometimes I would like to be deaf especially when you get bastards like Sinbad bagging you out all night :wink:

Also with team speak before the game when we are all discussing stuff you can type questions in as well. With you when you ask I question its not a hassle to type back at you. Won't bother me at all. Shit no-one listens to me anyway :)

15. Derelict

Derelict Retired Administrator

Yup - no need to go anywhere. We're here and we're here to stay.

We understand your predicament and there's no reason for us to not change our ways and exclude you because of it.

Make it clear what's required and why it's required when you enter into a division/game with other TOG'ers and I personally think all of us will jump to attention and do what is necessary to make your gaming, and TOG experience the way it should be. :)

If you're going to do anything right, do it TOG style. ;)

16. rubicon

rubicon Retired Captain

Don't go stonecold! :D

I think the TOG spirit is to have fun playing the game with like-minded mature people. Being hearing impaired doesn't make a jot of difference on that count.

If we're having fun, then it's all good in my book. :D