Woops soz im not a TOG

Discussion in 'Contact TOG' started by Alchemist023, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Alchemist023

Alchemist023 Getting Started

Hey i posted a topic title memory diagnostics it was moved to lab section i think. But im potw druggist and not a TOG member so i cant access that section. Sorry ta for thought but moving it to forums.

2. Chippo

Chippo Active Member

Hi griffey..

I'll link this to the lab & see if someone can PM you re advise mate.

Not sure if I am allowed to copy / paste responses here.

That's the best I can to till an admin can help.

Cheers

3. OldnBold

OldnBold Well-Known Member

This is my answer in the Lab Griffey:

As Binary suggests Memtest is the best way to test your ram (it runs under dos).

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

It is so good that Corsair will only RMA ram if you have run Memtest first and it has failed.

4. Alchemist023

Hey oldnbold. I got the memtest utility. But according to instructions i was following it said to make up bootable CD and then restart pc to get it to run diagnostics. Problem is my pc bios must not be set to read DVD/CD first before loading windows cause it always just loads through without running the test.

How do i get the utility to run in dos is it as efficient and accurate.

I got the blue screen twice more again today. Still not sure how to find a log of the event. After each one today i loaded event and searched for events in last hour and 700+ hits come out and i couldnt work out which one pertained to blue screen (if any).

In addition the problem only occurs during stressful times on my pc like gaming. World in conflict flattened it today. Happened twice at random times once in first map and then after 2-3 maps second time. THe second time screen went black first and i could still talk on teamspeak for about 5seconds then blue screen came??? Another gamer suggested increasing the voltage in bios to my RAM as his blue screens at strenous times also and he said this can be problem if motherboard bios not set to allow enough voltage to memory.

Im still not sure its even the RAM . Could be graphic card or something else. Im running beta drivers for crysis demo.

Thats all info i have atm. Been to corsair forums and read alot with no luck.

5. The_Fiddler

The_Fiddler Retired Administrator

Sorry Griffey, I moved it to "The Lab" cause that's where you'll get the best answers, didn't realise you weren't TOG :)

6. Alchemist023

For now these are the recommendations im getting for liquid ninjas (enthusiest forum site)
    - Up voltage on memory a little
    - Synchronize my watch to pc time so i can look at exact time error occurs. Its only when pc is stressed in a game. I had pc idle on a pdf, and some music playing while i was studying for like 7hrs today and was completely fine. HDD made a little noise at times then went silent.
    - Also i need to move DVD to top of BIOS boot order to run diagnostic.

Once i get back to you guys hopefully will have more info or a solution

7. Alchemist023

PS fiddler np moving post. I nearly 22 so not old enough to be a TOG yet :p

8. OldnBold

Give us your full system specs please mate. Power supply, motherboard, cpu, ram etc.

9. Alchemist023

My system specs
    e6600
    2gb ddr2 800mhz RAM Corsair 4-4-4-12 (stock timings)
    8800gtx
    viewsonic vx2235wm 22in monitor
    xfi xtreme gamer sound card
    Asus P5N32-E sli plus motherboard
    750W silverstone PSU
    Thermaltake armor case
    320gb seagate SATA harddrive
    lite on 20x DVD burner
    VISTA home premium :S :S
    umm thinks that everything lol

Also i just ran Memtest 86. On test 5 Block moves, 64moves i got 295 erros. I let it run to that pass again and it happened on 2nd pass (went to 605 errors)
    Had heap of info on failing address etc and the RAM was in the 1337mb area???

10. OldnBold

Bugger ... you are not overclocking are you?

11. Alchemist023

Nope im running stock settings no overclocking what so ever. If u have xfire add me oldnbold - elmichael. What does that RAM error mean can it be fixed or do i have to return it for new sticks.

Cause could be a small issue. I live in WA. I got the memory, graphic card and case from a supplier vtech industries and i got em delivered to netplus (a competitor) who supplied rest of parts and built the machine. Fairly unusual but i really wanted the armor case and the stock faster timings on the memory and netplus didnt stock em (they were happy for me to source em elsewhere and them build it). In addition after 3wks the 8800gtx still wasnt in stock so i opted to get it from vtech also (and saved $80 dollars also lol). So who do i get refund from the builder (netplus), manufacturer (corsair) or the supplier (vtech) lol. I hope they dont blame each other and i have to fork out 250 more from RAM.

12. OldnBold

13. BattleScoob

BattleScoob Retired Administrator

I used to live in WA some years ago and had a few dealings with NetPlus. They were pretty resonable then so I expect you shouldn't have too many dramas.

14. jimmywrangles

jimmywrangles Well-Known Member

Buggered RAM,That's unusual.

15. Alchemist023

My problem has become more serious. Im getting blue screen errors and also my computer freezes up completely (ctraltdel wont fix it have to reboot) when playing cod4.

My main worry is that i didnt get all the parts from netplus. So hopefully they can send RAM to corsair on my behalf to claim the refund. Otherwise i need to email vtech who are online store and some how get RAM to em and they organise the refund. Im going to remove RAM and reput it into my pc just once because im told that can fix em sometimes (im doubtful). What a pain.

By the way increasing the voltage from 1.88 to 1.95 to my RAM reduced the errors while running my memory test 86 from 605 on two passes to 50ish. I thought this might be enough to stop or at least reduce frequency of my errors but to my dismay still getting them and more frequently. I dont wanna increase voltage anymore because of warranty issues.

16. OldnBold

Get rid of that ram mate it is the source of your problem. Contact Netplus and hope they will replace it for you.

17. Jonboy76

Jonboy76 Well-Known Member

i think you should charge him, until he is a togger, j/k,
    my god he's had 44 post, wow, when he's 25 look out

18. BattleScoob

BattleScoob Retired Administrator

Cheeky Bugger :)