Worst Game Ever Made??

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming and Nostalgia!' started by hoppy, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Jennimokihana

Jennimokihana Just Joined

Fatal Frame II. Why? Because it scared the freaking bajesus outta me, yet I couldn't stop playing it. Seriously, I'd be going thru a creepy house and suddenly a crab walking ghost with it's head backwards would pop up on the screen and I'd scream my head off. Trying to sleep at night, my heart would be pounding, I'd be seeing ghosts in my head, and I'd have to steal my son's nightlight. My husband took the game away finally and said I wasn't allowed to play it anymore after he found me sleeping with every light in the house on and the kids in bed with me.

2. paenggoy

paenggoy Active Member

3. paenggoy

paenggoy Active Member

4. Mercyful

Mercyful Getting Started

I know a guy that got 20345 on 3d mark 06 and plays nothing but runescape what a waste lol :S

5. okkervil

okkervil Active Member

i've noticed that codemasters are pretty good at producing mediocrity.
    toca 3, dirt, grid all absolutely woeful games. to a slightly lesser extent their cricket games (ricky ponting, brian lara et al) have been pretty bad too. but you can play the cricket for atleast 15 minutes before you want to launch the gamepad out the window. as for the drivers, my g25 becomes a projectile within about 5 minutes.

as for my serious nomination for worst game ever, i find it difficult to go past the simpsons game on wii. i am a huge simpsons fan, and have been for as long as i can remember, but the game is a disgrace. i cannot find a single thing to like about it, it looks and sounds terrible, the plots are disgusting, and the controls are about as coordinated as a drunk, one legged monkey, on a rollerskate.

Fate likes this.
  6. Bashball

Bashball Well-Known Member

Some funny memories flooded back reading this thread :)

Most hyped game and disappointment for me was Rise of the Robots, truly dire, but the most boring game I ever played was Schizoids on the spectrum, Imagine used to do fantastic games, so I bought it on faith, pushing squares around a screen veeery slowly to get them to the centre was not my idea of fun :w

7. WrrLor

WrrLor Well-Known Member

Tanking somewhere for TOG, in sunny Iowa.
    So far, the worst ever that I can think of was Gothic 3. i loved the first two and played them through a few different times on each class.

Gothic 3 may be the only game that I have ever bought when it was released, played for a few hours, then uninstalled and never looked at it again.

Terrible...just horrible, and a slap to the face of the first two games that would fall into my personal best of all time list.

: /

8. GOVT

GOVT Just Joined

The worst game I have ever played would have to be Superman for the Sega Genesis. Back To The Future for NES would have to be next.

9. Rog69

Rog69 Well-Known Member

I remember that game, it was some kind of half-arsed asteroids rip off with all the fun and shooting taken out, I think I might even have bought it :oops:

10. OB3R

OB3R Retired Captain

Time Commando I think its a ps1 game it was total crap.
    OB3R:?

11. hadrian6616

hadrian6616 Well-Known Member

Battlecruiser Millennium.

12. daranthered

daranthered Well-Known Member

Star Wars Galaxies: Empire Divided. They made it sound so good. I got so excited. Then it was sort of okay where it wasn't broken. Also, amazingly repetitive.

13. okkervil

okkervil Active Member

Which SWG did you play? Pre CU? Post CU? NGE?

14. daranthered

daranthered Well-Known Member

It was pre. Before they tried a complete revamp. I stayed through until the Jump to Lightspeed expansion. People are always telling me that its different now. Maybe it is. However, they took way too long. They were still trying to figure out the combat system a year later. Don't even get me started on the Jedi thing. I didn't want to be a Jedi, so about a third of every update was of no real relevance to me.

Sony made a lot of mistakes in the Star Wars MMORPG, which they acknowledged to their credit. But I was with that game for a year and a half, moslty waiting for them to fix parts: comabt being one, lack of content another. They say they've addressed those issues. But all I can think is, at least I didn't buy Trial od Obi-Wan right before they made it iirelevant.

They can't expect people to wait around for ever. Especially when World of Warcraft had just come out.

15. heffa

heffa Just Joined

Problem is I tried to forget all the worst ones :p

Worst I can remember was Top Gun of the NES. Bored me to tears. And I really like flight sims!

16. Leevers

Leevers Guest

Top Gun on NES *big breathe* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA cannont believe someone even remembers this rubbish game!

17. Fully

Fully Active Member

18. Gnascher

Gnascher Getting Started

Star Ship Troopers... because NO ONE WAS EVER ABLE TO BOOT IT.!!

A REAL PIECE OF CRAP..

but i liked the movies..

i also got a Quake game that took about 1/2 hour to respawn.. if it ever did, that is..

19. SandManConservat

SandManConservat Just Joined

I don't know if you've ever looked at the majority of the games Nintendo puts out, but most of them are the equivalent of the McDonald's toy one gets in a happy meal.

20. Shadowstarz

Shadowstarz Active Member

My vote for worst game ever made...

As much as I hate ALL Mario Brothers games, My vote for WORST game ever:

Paperboy.