WoW Classic

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Daederon, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Daederon

Daederon Just Joined

We probably aren't going to see this until sometime next year, but is anyone planning to form a progression-minded guild on Classic WoW?

2. Daederon

Daederon Just Joined

I forgot to post a few extra details. My primary will probably be a Tauren resto druid, and I'll be looking for a Horde guild on a PvE/RP server. I can't stand open world PvP.

3. Koreeth

Koreeth Active Member

I have vivid memories of being ganked by a rogue out in the middle of nowhere. He would wait until I returned to harvest some quest item and attack me from stealth.

4. brantastic

brantastic Getting Started

I'm chomping at the bit for Classic WoW, but will absolutely be on a PvP server.

5. Sattvic

Sattvic Active Member

Yes, I'll be making a feral druid for world PVP purposes - they slowly killed the feral open world druid pvp spec over the years. It's been dumbed down so much and lost all of the multi purpose that made it great. Charge bash stun, cat, bleed, barkskin root, run away heal, moon fire, etc. it was the most fun class in pvp. Now it's dot dot dot dead. (secretly hoping that they'll do a TBC release at some stage as well ;-) )

6. Ghoull

Ghoull Active Member

The most fun I had in WoW was during the classic days, and 40man raids where there was a heavy sense of achievment.

I can't tread over old ground though. Nostalgia never holds up. And I can't help but feel like Blizzard is starting to rest on its laurels now. They really need to turn those years of hand-over-fist profit, into a new IP. Or a completely NEW generation of MMO and show other developers why they've had 15 years at the head of the genre. Innovation.

Just feels like marking time now for an easy buck. I want to get into it again. Just can't.

7. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

Never played vanilla, started playing in the burning crusade expansion. My first foray was a druid, and my only experience was the pre trinity rpgs. I would like to play it again to see if I could make a go of it pvp wise. It just eluded me the druid pvp part. Though most likely will only dabble if its included as part of the sub. I like the QoL features the current game has now. And pvp ??? not sure yet how much of this I will be doing. If I played this game in my teens and twenties I would be all over pvp. However I am middle aged and I don't regenerate as well now and really don't won't carpal tunnel it will only shorten my playing days of mmo's.

Though still will give a shot

Last edited: May 28, 2018