Wurm Online.

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Justin Kace, Sep 3, 2011.

1. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Well-Known Member

Hi Cornicus you could always try out the Deliverance server.I have a new deed you are very welcome to set yourself up on to try out stuff.

2. Yaga

Yaga Active Member

Chaos is a pure pvp server.

If you try again you should pick one of the pve servers in the Freedom cluster. A good description can be found here: Server types - Wurmpedia

The "older" servers (Independence, Deliverance, Exodus, Celebration) have a lot of deeded land and it is not so easy to find a good spot to settle. Xanadu is extremely large, so there still is a lot of free land there.

3. Atrak

Atrak Active Member

If your ever lost without any tools, there are ways to get back on your feet using crude tools.

I play on Xanadu myself, and there is a lot of space here, there are also many settlements willing to house new players until they get on their feet.

Joining a friendly and established deed in Wurm is the best way to go at first, they can help you get started on the right foot, instead of spending days or weeks scrounging around the wilderness barely making any progress, and remember The Wurmpedia is your best friend.

4. Comicus

Comicus Getting Started

Thanks. Now that I see it in the Wurmpedia, it makes sense. I could have sworn that the server map indicated PvE on the left and PvP on the right, with the Chaos island being on the far left. Oh well. :?

From what I'm reading, I have to figure out some way to get on a ship in order to sail to another server, such as Xanadu. Not sure how feasible that is being a starter avatar without any gear, but we'll see. Perhaps I can make a crude knife to make a crude hatchet to make a crude raft and piggyback on one of those boats heading east! Oh, wait... different game.

5. Yaga

Yaga Active Member

It may be easier to create a new character and start again - this time on Xanadu. You won't lose much, I guess.

6. Voodou

Voodou Active Member

7. Yaga

Yaga Active Member

8. Comicus

Comicus Getting Started

I'll be curious how that works out with WU. Holding off getting it myself for now, but I can see how it might be a lot of fun for a guild to work with.

BTW, I've decided to stay on Chaos for a while, at least until I skill up enough to build a boat and travel. Looks like Xanadu is pretty crowded and laggy, judging by comments I'm seeing. If anyone has an Alt on that server, let me know and I'll keep an eye out for you.

9. Yaga

Yaga Active Member

Well, Xanadu is so much bigger than all the other servers (16 times the area of Deliverance), so it definitely is the least crowded server of them all. But due to its size it can be a bit laggy at times, that's true.

10. Ripp Savage

Ripp Savage Active Member

Wurm is one of those games I've thought about playing from time to time. I didn't know that Wurm Unlimited was coming to Steam tomorrow and it has an option to host a server, sounds interesting.

Has anyone seen this and/or thought about hosting a private server?

11. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Well-Known Member

Me think I'll just continue playing Wurm online I got so much to do it's not funny:)

12. Atrak

Atrak Active Member

One of the Devs from Wurm Online (Budda) has made an Australian hosted Wurm Unlimited server, I think the skillgain is x3 at the moment so more like the Epic server in that regard. Given that it's an actual dev running it I think this has a likely chance of staying around for awhile so your hard work won't dissapear without a trace. The dev was the one who also created a mapmaker for Wurm Unlimited so perhaps we will see some more interesting tools/mods appear from him.

link is here KangaWU.com.au

P.S. Oh Comicus, one of the people in my settlement take trips to chaos semi-occasionally, if you need to get back I may be able to try and organise you a lift sometime. Barring that if you ask around in chat you may get lucky, there is a bit of trade that goes on between servers (continents).

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  13. OzzieWorm

OzzieWorm Well-Known Member

So how big a player-base is TOG in WURM?
    Enough to warrant donations for a TOG wurm server? :D

14. MsGhoul

MsGhoul Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016