360: Xbox @ E3

Discussion in 'Console Talk (Public)' started by FunkyJ, Jun 8, 2011.

1. FunkyJ

FunkyJ Well-Known Member

So... Kinect Kinect Kinect.

Most of it was about telling those of us who actually like controllers that controllers are becoming moot... then trying to sell us Gears of War controllers :D

The Kinect Fun Labs looks to be a silly place for experimenting with Kinect, and with the source code being offered up to developers, it should be an interesting time.

The dashboard is getting another update, making it easier to search the web with Bing, as well as for those who live in the USA to more easily find youtube videos, Netfix movies, Hulu and songs. The rest of su get Sky (UK) and Foxtel (Oz)

Impressive games include:
    Gears of War, Halo: Combat Evolved remake, Halo 4, Tomb Raider, Ghost Recon (especially it's Kinect support), Tim Schafer’s Sesame Street, Minecraft, and Dance Central 2.

Overall, a pretty "slow but steady" year coming up for Microsoft. Pretty dull really.

And this is just PURE conjecture, but I'm now convinced MS reveal the Xbox3 with in build Kinect and maybe even touchpad controller at next year's E3, for launch in 2013 or possibly 2014.

2. Drac

Drac Squad Officer

I liked this Kinect Parody video.

Yeah, I was actually joking about the parody bit. No honestly, this is a real Kinect video by Microsoft.

3. FunkyJ

FunkyJ Well-Known Member

Oh, and they're introducing Cloud Saving for gold XBLA members, not dissimilar to the PSNPlus system.

Cloud Storage For Game Saves, 'Beacons' Coming to Xbox Live

4. Dragonhammer

Dragonhammer Well-Known Member

They are making a big mistake not catering enough to the hardcore gamer.
    Its clear that they are focusing on the casual Nintendo crowd.

The target audience for Microsoft

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  5. Bawheidbob

Bawheidbob Well-Known Member

If i was a small child gaming with Kinect/Move and so on would be pretty epic.

But im not.

6. T H C sniper1

T H C sniper1 Just Joined

Not even thought bout getting, kinect. least not til ther's something a bit more grown up to play, maybe some kind of hyrid game. Where you can use voice commands and throw a grenade with a arm movement.
    And not wanting a new xbox to come out for a while, only just got the slimline

7. Rica

Rica Active Member

I ordered Child of Eden for xbox on Friday from Play-Aisa.com ~AU$42 (along with Mortal Kombat hehe) I gotta say it was fun to play with Kinect.... I still dont really know what its about but I crank the volume up and the wife and bub (11mo) couldnt take their eyes off the Tv (except to see me waving arms around :p )

8. FunkyJ

FunkyJ Well-Known Member

Gears, Halo, BF3, COD, Ghost Recon, Minecraft, Forza... seems they've got hardcore covered.

This is the reason I'm getting Kinect.

9. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

So it's practically the same lineup as last year...and the year before that...and the year before that.....

:p