Xbox Live and ESPN 2K5

Discussion in 'RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others' started by Karmajay, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Ok, I was out at the store during lunch and just could not help myself.

Since I am not playing any MMO's at the moment I bought the above products.

My question is, anybody else here have it?

I'd rather get my arse handed to me by a TOGer then a 9 year kid dropping f-bombs on the mic.

2. ShaggyMaster

ShaggyMaster Getting Started

You know Karmajay, I was half temped to pick that up for myself, but I'm too big of a Madden fan. I've heard it's a great game, but I'm waiting for my Madden 2005 to arrive in the mail. Sorry, can't help you here. But if you end up gettin' Madden, let me know. I'll let you whoop me on that. :D

3. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Well, I have not played the football for a coyple of years.

This title was only 20 bucks, so I decided to pick it up...

4. ShaggyMaster

You know, up until Madden 2001, I hadn't played a football game since NFL Gameday on the original PS and before that it was some old PC (286 days) game that I wasn't even able to control the players just call the plays. But since I've started playing Madden I haven't been able to stop. Have every year since 2001. The games keep getting better and better... if your an American Football Fan.

As for ESPN 2K5, have heard great things about it. Sega made it a steal for $20. Make sure you tell me what you think of it. Some sites have even praised it more then Madden, which hasn't been done in some time.

5. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

I played Madden alot the first year or 2 it came out, but have not played it since 2002.

This ESPN game is just pretty awesome. The graphics are pretty good, the replays, commentary is exellent. Not sure how much better Madden can be. I think Madden's facial characteristics are supposed to be better, but that is not that important to me.

Now, somewhere that ESPN shines, is its league modes. Basically if you set up a league for Xbox live you get a webpage that looks EXACTLY like the REAL team pages on espn.com. It has a schedule, boxscores even PLAY BY PLAY of each game played in your league! You can even post news ect.

An awesome tool for football fans!

6. ShaggyMaster

That sounds awesome. I curious if Madden does anything like that for their leagues? I know that Madden does some kind of Newspaper thing each week... but from what I heard, ESPN takes the cake with the little extras. Karmajay you are killing me. How in the heck am I going to explain to my wife that I want another football game.

7. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Remember it is only 20 bucks...

8. ShaggyMaster

The wife said no more shopping until the 1st... but once that day comes, I think I can swing it. I'll let you know then bud.