Xbox Live

Discussion in 'RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others' started by Churchill, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Janus

Janus Hope is Alive

Woah.. check out the weapons on her!! :p

2. Bennett

Bennett Active Member

Could take an eye out with one of those. :p

3. manic35

manic35 Getting Started

Yeah, I even think G-B-H and Redman would have to admit that she sure does have some massive weapons, go girl!

[​IMG]

4. coop1219

coop1219 Getting Started

Ah....

Okay, I own just about every console known by man. There are a couple I am missing, but I do have quite a few. I know I am late jumping in on the subject, but here is my take.

I agree with the fact that it's nice to not have to worry about bugs as much in the console market. At times that means you have to wait a tad longer for release, but at least the game is finished when they ship it.

One of the other things I like. When I buy a game for my X-Box, and it says X-Box on it... I know it will run. I don't have to worry about upgrading my X-Box every 2 or 3 months to keep up with the advancing technology. While cool that they continue to make PC gaming more and more amazing... it just get's annoying after awhile.

Lastly, there are certain games that are made that they just don't bother to port to the PC. They don't think the "PC Gamer" will buy it. So, the only way to play it is to have the consoles. I don't group myself into any catagory like that. I am just a gamer. If it peaks my interest, I wanna play it. And it's not always about the graphics either. I'm in it for the gameplay, the story... just how much fun the game is to play. Some of my favorite games are stuff from back on the Genisis!!! Shadowrun and the Sega Genisis has got to be in my top 3 for favorite games of all time. I still own it and play it!

Well, that's my take on the console/pc war. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I have both my X-Box and my PS2 online. I love MechAssult on X-Box live. It's a nice fast paced version of the MechWarrior series. I like the more simulation types on the PC... but boy the explosions are pretty on the X-Box. On my PS2 I am playing the EverQuest Online Adventures. Again, a dummied down version of the PC version, but still fun.

Charley/Cooch

5. Churchill

Churchill Retired Captain

Ok....TOG Console Event (Sydney)

Ok....Here's the score. I need to know the following:

1. Who wants to come? (Paddington, Sydney)
    2. Which Saturday in August 23rd or 30th

I'm planning to kick off around 2pm.

Primary gaming will be team based sports events (FIFA, NHL, NFL, etc.) on the PS2 although I do have an XBOX and GC if anyone can suggest some good team based games for that. I have one multi-tap for the PS2. You will need to bring a PS2 controller to play. If I get enough people I'll run out and buy another multi-tap.

Ok...post away!

6. Janus

Janus Hope is Alive

I'm in. I'm in. Either the 23rd or the 30th is good for me.

I can bring Virtua Fighter 4 too, just for a diversion. And the PS2 controller. Check.

One of the guys here at work as offered the use of his XBox and controllers should we have need of it - apparently XBoxes can be LAN'd together.

Want/need us to bring drinks and nibblies too?

Churchill - this might warrant it's own thread in the Barracks/Lounge. Just a thought.

7. AllenC

AllenC Just Joined

Yes Xboxs can be LANed together and it makes for some real fun,I have 2 xboxs my Girlfriend has 1,and my nephew has 1,all of us have a copy of Halo for each machine,yep I have 2 of them as well,so we LAN them all together with 4 TV's one for each xbox,and we have some friends over and play multiplayer Halo with 16 people at a time and it is really really fun.

I have been reading all of this thread and I see some of the opinions of consoles vs PC most of which are from the PC point of view,I come from the other side of the debate.I was into console games long before I was PC games,due mainly on the cost.For a top of the line machine I'd have to invest thousands without know if I will enjoy games on it as much,or I can take a whole lot less money buy an Xbox or PS2 and a bunch of games and have a great time.And now both of those systems give me the option of online play,I say I go where the bargain is.I have both systems but so far my Xbox gets my primary attention.I have Xboxlive as well and I must say it is very fun.I am no big fan of microsoft but they did a super duper job with the system and the online play.I am slowly getting into playing games on my PC but thats only because I happened to have a real good year with my job and was able to afford to fork out some serious dough for a change.I have some friends who are dead set on either PC games or Console games,and will argue and debate which is better or more fun.Then I have some who are like me and enjoy the experience of playing games period no matter what they are on.If I was to have to choose only one way to play it would be an easy choice for me,my PC with only a few games or my console with 35 PS2 games and 76 Xbox games it would be a real easy choice to stick solely to my consoles.But since I don't have to make a choice such as that I intend to eperience the best that both my PC and my Consoles have to offer/
    :D

8. Wolf

Wolf Just Joined

Hi TOG

Hi to everyone

Just came across this great site today and glad to know there are other old FARTS that play too!

As far as the Xbox & Halo I and my son just went and got 2 Xbox Green Limited Edtions a bit ago, they both come with Halo. Why, for the love of the game, Halo. Yes I do have it for the PC too, which I prefer to play it on. To many stories about Halo2 not coming out for the PC or if it does 7 months down the road. I not waiting, so then I will check out the Live part of Xbox to play Halo2 online.

So ya I am looking for some old farts to play Halo with. Any takers?

I use the Xfire wolfman435 to see who is a playin'. Just most of them have been bout 15. lol

But then I am just a big kid that likes to play games too.

Wolf

9. viking

viking Retired Advisor

Xbox

Just got a mobile phone deal and when I pay the first month they are sending out a XBOX for nothing :D can't wait Halo here I come :D .

I'll check out the live but not sure how much that would cost anyone know how much per month?

10. Wolf

Wolf Just Joined

XBOX

Vik

COOL BEANS

XBOX LIVE is a kit U can buy at $39 and that gives U one month on line. Well that is what it costs in my area. Comes with a headset. Then I think it is $69 to $89 for a year if memory serves me well. Then remember I am now one of TOG's. lol

The PC version of Halo has come down to $29 again in my aear which U can go online and play for free. I got the XBOX for the main reason, is that when Halo 2 comes out XBOX will be the only platform for some time to play it on. Rumor has it that 7 months after the Xbox it will come out for the PC. Some are saying not at all.

HAVE FUN
    Wolf

11. Wolf

Wolf Just Joined

Vik

Just got an email update from Game Spy and found a link to prices for XBOX live. Just thought I would throw them your way.

I know I will need to get them when HALO2 comes out. Ya if they only keep the projected date. lol

http://gamespy.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=2608487/

I think currently the best price is $51.99 for a year online w/ the kit and a game called Crimson skies.

Hope that helps.

Wolf

12. jonny2combz

jonny2combz Active Member

Hey All.
    Sorry I have only just noticed this thred, and Im in to Xbox Live, it's great fun. Sure the graphics arn't quite as good as the PC but its damn close and it is more convieniant that loading up My PC.
    Don't get me wrong I love my Americas Army and I am looking forward to Halflife 2 but I am also looking forward to the next installment of Rainbow Six 3 and of course HALO 2. I just love Gaming and in perticular online gaming, clashing with other online gamers is more fun than beating the AI of any computer or console. So the PC and Xbox does this for me.
    My LIVE Gamer tag is Raspweton, so if you have LIVE add me to your friends list and I will see you on live.
    Also check out ausiexbox.net they are super suportive and have a list of LIVE servers you can join..

13. viking

viking Retired Advisor

thanks

Thanks mate will have a look :D

14. jonny2combz

jonny2combz Active Member

If you wan't to get LIVE go to your nearest KMart and get the Live kit for $87.00 you get 12 month subscription Headset (verey important) 2 demo games Mech Assault and Moto GP. A great buy... In October when my Subscription runs out, I'm going to buy another starter kit just for the second head set, and another 12 months of LIVE fun.
    Oh the monthly Subs for LIVE is $8.00 Per Month, after your 12 months runs out. :D
    I will be changing my gamer Tag to jonny2combz then to. 8)

15. ResQ

ResQ Just Joined

Hiya folks!! I'm new here but hafta chime in to say I enjoy both PC and Xbox gaming. My gamertag on XBL is ResQ. Hope to catch some of you fellow seniors online sometime!!

16. FeesLess

FeesLess Active Member

Father bought a X-box for my son when he was in Belgium (yes,yes my son has a great uncle :D )
    I must say the graphics aren't as nice as on a pc-screen but still very good compared to a Playstation and the gameplay (Halo) is great..
    And those children (omg) learn so fast to play those controllers that I said to him, when you r older you gotta be a pro-player earning money by doing this.

He beats the crap out of me when my son and I play together :oops:

Fees Out