XBOX SUCKS!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware Talk' started by exploit, Apr 28, 2009.

1. exploit

exploit Getting Started

Well i think i am now a PS3 fanboy after both my 360s decided to get RRoD in the same week. Bloody great job microsoft, and this is the second time for my Elite console :(

2. click

click Well-Known Member

I not even going to post a smart arse reply about xbox vs PS3

It's just Bull S$^T that microsoft can still be allowed to sell those over priced boat anchors. :evil:

Feeling for you mate
    I hate when S#!T like that happens

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  3. RedlineJunkie

RedlineJunkie Getting Started

I loved the last-gen Xbox, but the RROD issue was the main reason I went PS3 this time around. That and Blu-Ray.

4. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

No comment.........well maybe a little one.

Buy a PS3 mate. Move towards the light.

5. cookie

cookie Getting Started

I have hadto return mine once. Next time will probably convert me too..

6. zero

zero Active Member

I must be extremely lucky *touch wood*. I've had mine since 8am launch day and hasn't missed a beat. Had a good work out too.

Saying that, I don't think I know one person who hasn't had RRoD or disc tray issues :p

7. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

Don't they fix the RROD for free now? If not, they should. I mean they had a ridiculous failure rate, 37% or thereabouts, which is just obscene in my opinion.

8. exploit

exploit Getting Started

RRoD has 3 year warranty, my elite is covered so it has been posted back...again, but my launch xbox is not covered so it a being used as a coffee table atm, thinking of sending it away to get fixed and chipped for legal backup of offline games :p

Ancient_One, i already have a PS3, just didnt use it much. But now i look for my games on there first, will only buy games on xbox if i can not get them on PS3 or PC now.

9. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

Me either. No, really. I don't have to.

I'm not necessarily a fanboy, but I am a PS3 owner (and mine gets a bashing nearly every day since my kids discovered Lego games and LBP).
    They're not infallable either, my PS3 had to go in for repair with a drive problem after I'd had it about 4 months, and I was without it for a good couple of months.
    On the other hand, and putting that into perspective:

• The PS3 I bought was second hand off eBay in the first place
    • The unit I got back was reconditioned in a brand new case and was in better nick than the one I sent
    • I only know of one other person (a Togger - Genghoidal) who has had trouble with a PS3 - and that was the same issue as mine had. Compare this with the number of people you know of that have had RRODs
    • it's never skipped a beat since (touch wood)

10. k1chwa

k1chwa Just Joined

microsoft is the only co. that ever repaired my console for free (as they should) when i had a problem over a year ago. even tho they fixed it for free, i live in fear that it may die again. exclusive content and lower price don't make up for short lifespan. sony on the other hand refuses to do anything without money. last generation i went thru 4 (2 slim line) ps2 consoles! (one slim line lasted less then a month!) thank God i bought extended service agreements with electronics boutique because sony left me twisting in the wind. i still plan on getting a ps3 in the future. i think it will be around after microsoft drops the 360 for its next console like it did with the original xbox. at least i still have my pc!

11. Pure Mongrel

Pure Mongrel Retired Captain

Considering how "traveled" your XBOX's are Exploit, I am surprised they lived as long as they did. I do agree that 360's (especially the launch units) are a little on the fragile side, but I am told the latest units with the new chip sets are far more robust.

The biggest killer of gaming consoles is dust, heat and humidity. As Exploits consoles have been in various locations of far north Queensland you could perhaps excuse them for finally going RROD.

My launch 360 finally died after my son played it for hours in a closed room in the middle of summer. (This unit survived travel from Brisbane to Townsville and back by road ... it took the abuse of a nine year old to kill it :) )

My Elite also traveled the same distance as my launch console but after a couple of months after returning to Brisbane the Rom drive died. M$ repaired it under warranty and after a 7 day turn around I got my console back with 1month of free XBOX live access. It has been fine ever since.

Exploit has every right to be annoyed ... it does suck losing a console to malfunctions (especially twice) but thankfully M$ is fixing it.

Just keep in mind no console is designed to travel the distances or terrain that Exploit and I have exposed our consoles too, nor are they designed for tropical locations.

Zaxvien likes this.
  12. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

PM, that's the worst attempt at justifying your allegiance I've ever seen. :p

13. George

George Retired Captain

My PS2 did die after years of constant abuse. All the air vents were blocked with dust. But it had traveled from England to Australia with us.

My PS3 looks like going the same way, but again it's gone half way around the world and we now live in the dustiest place on the planet.

I must try and clean the vents but can't get passed the on switch :)

14. Pure Mongrel

No it's not. I am sure if I gave it some thought I could have come up with all sorts of crap! :D

For the record ... PS3's don't like the tropics either! :eek:

As to allegiances ... Call me the devils advocate! ;)

Say what you will about the XBOX ... It is in no way the dust magnet the PS3 is! Thats not a dig at the console ... just a fact!

15. George

George Retired Captain

You're right there. Has anyone got the white one? I wonder if that's such a dust magnet

16. Pure Mongrel

There is a white one?

17. George

George Retired Captain

I thought i seen one at the local games shop the other day, but i didn't take too much notice. I didn't realise it had a white controller. I'll have a look at it next time i'm in there

[​IMG]

Just seen this picture
    [​IMG]

Now your talking. A new meaning to "White Goods"

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  18. Zaxvien

Zaxvien Active Member

Oh... did someone mention "tropical"?

Tropic=Crysis, so this is not offtopic at all:

“It’s been tricky, but we’ve got a strong PS3 engine with all the major systems running on SPUs. With middleware, what you want is for someone else to do all that so the developer can just concentrate on making games. We have parity between the platforms now: both run at the same speed ... If the game’s shader-heavy it runs a bit faster on 360; if it’s compute-heavy with physics and particles, then the SPUs take over and it’s a bit quicker on PS3.”

Hear that? Quickly, every 360 fanboy become a rapid fan of shading and every PS3 fanboy immediatley fall in love with compute-heavy physics and particles.

SOURCE:
    Destructoid - How does CryEngine 3 run differently on PS3 and 360?

So if you just love physics, it's not a problem at all. Some people love collecting stamps, ants and bottle caps. That's perfectly ok too.

But if you love shaders, oh boy, those shaders are so essential part of gaming. Even one shader can make a difference. One gets never enough of shaders.

Oh glorious shaders, I shall make an ode to you.

Yea, I know, I felt a bit nuts atm. Way too much coffee today. :p

So, back to the basics, the CryEngine3 seems to work well in both consoles. Nothing sucks, life's a bliss.

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  19. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

The white PS3, AFAIK, was for the Japanese market only. Feel free to correct me if you know otherwise.
    That being said, I have a white controller for my Black PS3. It's the one the kids don't touch ('cos the thumbsticks are f*cked on the other two, from 4yo abusing them)
    I got it on eBay from Hong Kong, cheaper than I could buy a standard black one retail here.
    ...and yes, it's a genuine Sony white Dualshock 3 with the vibration, etc.

20. George

George Retired Captain

I'm sure i seen it here. The only thing is I can't remember where. I though it was at the shop where i brought my PSP yesterday but it wasn't. I hope i'm not going mad.