XCOM Enemy Unknown [Oct 2012]

Discussion in 'RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others' started by Drac, Jun 16, 2012.

1. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Well-Known Member

Yeah you are! I'm playing classic now and it is so much harder...

2. ReaperSmurf

ReaperSmurf ARMA Captain

I think Classic is actually a bit too hard. Either that, or Normal is a bit too easy. The jump between Normal and Classic seems to be too much.

3. Asmodai

Asmodai Well-Known Member

I'm on a great ironman classic atm, just finished the base on earth with only 1 death in the entire campaign, 2 firestorms on every continent, no panic worldwide and no members leaving the council, 2k income a month odd.

Just waiting for the other shoe to drop and my entire elite team to be flushed down the can, but I'm crossing fingers for a full victory run. =)

4. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

Agreed. The few times I've tried it, my n00bs can't see or hit anything, but manage to get knocked out from behind full cover just about every time. Makes it less than enjoyable...

And yep, an intermediate step would be most welcome.

5. Asmodai

Asmodai Well-Known Member

I think the intermediate step is Classic/No ironman, that way you can go back and erase particularly bad mistakes etc if you wish.

Speaking of mistakes, I fired up xcom last night, hit scan (I'm near the end of the game so there wasn't much to do apart from waiting for contacts) and Russia promptly up and leaves the council...

At which point, I recalled that I had saved the night before prior to doing a terror mission in St Petersburg*. Being ironman, it's an unintentional mistake that has blemished my near perfect game (at that point, only one death and every month A rated), but c'est la vie... =\

Assault on the temple ship begins tonight!

*For noting, if you are going to quit prior to doing a mission, get your troops all kitted out and go to the mission zone so you're ready to play and don't manage to miss it... ; )

6. Atua

Atua Active Member

I am pretty sure unlaunched missions as still displayed in the mission screen as a button above the scan button. You must have missed that when you hit scan. Oh well, c'est la vie.

7. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Well-Known Member

8. Bawheidbob

Bawheidbob Well-Known Member

I have not played this one as of yet - Are the bugs still bad - Hearing about the 'game breaking' bugs kinda put me off.

9. ReaperSmurf

ReaperSmurf ARMA Captain

I have experienced very few bugs in my time playing it. Seems pretty good to me.

10. Armitage

Armitage Getting Started

I managed to get through a playthrough on 'normal' without breaking a sweat. Only issues I had were on some UFO's the camera was an absolute PITA.

Having said that, shortly after completing the game all of my saved games were corrupted... so YMMV?

Playing ironman/classic lately and it's been ok.

11. Fox

Fox Clown Administrator Administrator Moderator

No bugs for me on the First release.

Thx for the post on the update. Id have never noticed otherwise.

12. ColdCamV

ColdCamV Active Member

Only bug/issue ive had is if you accidently alt+tab while in base the game crashes and wont let you get back into it until you close it and restart it, it used to happen in missions aswell but it hasn't happened lately.

13. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

Running it Borderless Window instead of Fullscreen usually fixes these issues as the game doesn't have to minimise when you alt+tab.

14. ColdCamV

ColdCamV Active Member

Cheers Chief, Ill try running it in borderless window instead seeing as how when playing on my laptop late at night i have a tendency to hit F1 instead of escape which for my laptop automatically alt+tabs and opens the help menu :mad: