Discussion in 'RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others' started by Drac, Jun 16, 2012.
Will start the Pre-Loading when I get home. SOOOO EXCITED.
Now, that is cool.
I fear now that XCOM is out, this fantastic Indie project will suffer.
Indeed. I was going to do that too, but hit the usual "Order is NOT complete" issues. Once I got the usual cut-and-paste response from support, about not accessing the site via a hotspot, I gave up and bought from Steam.
I wish GMG would get their act togeather with US based payment options!
for those who must still wait a few days until launch (NA gets to have a go today)...
Wot I Think – XCOM: Enemy Unknown (Singleplayer) | Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Sorry to hear that. I haven't had an issue using my credit card from Australia.
Thanks checking them, and Spotflux, out now.
Played about 1/2 an hour last night (VPN).
The first mission is the demo over again so if you played that you could easily skip that part unless you want a refresher. The second mission starts off like the first (I got different team members - no sniper) but about 1/2 way through you take full control with little or no advice fronm central control.
Hopefully tonight I'll get a chance to really put some decent time in but I've already got one team member with 6 kills in 2 missons that I don't want to risk
So when does it go live for Aus people?? (VPN excluded)
Friday I think.
although much of the time i complain about residing temporarily in the US, occasionally i'm able to find something that makes it worthwhile for a few days. for everyone else made to wait to play XCOM, apologies for the unnecessary delay (inexcusable, really).
i will say you will likely NOT be dissapointed
Just checked the Steam stats and XCom is the 4th most played game atm:
106,831 Dota 2
55,582 Borderlands 2
60,825 Team Fortress 2
Steam: Game and Player Statistics
still waiting for mine to move from Pre-Loading to playing.
Well I preloaded mine the other day... but still have to wait for Friday to play... CANT WAIT!
It's Friday... and I can't play it yet. Steam/2K studios haven't realised it's Friday. Noobs.
During my search for an actual release date, I found this very nifty Easter Egg.
Available: 12 October 2012
This game will unlock in approximately 2 hours (i.e. 10:00am EADT)
But I'll be at work in 2 hours. This is a first-world problem of enormous proportions... a bit like a piece of my anatomy... tee hee.
Also there is going to be another 2GB download before you can play... CANT WAIT!
XCOM: Enemy Unknown patch notes for 10/11/12
we wanted to let you know the details for the PC update for XCOM: Enemy Unknown that went live today (10/11/12). I've included the notes on this patch below:
- Various visibility/hiding optimizations
- Multiplayer text chat support (press J to activate)
- Mouse button 4/5 will switch soldiers in the Barracks
- ESC hides the movement grid, if you do not want to commit to a move while it is activated
- Squad Sight ability optimization
- Fixed issue when equipping two grenades with Deep Pockets.
- Fixed Rapid Fire sometimes consuming too much ammo.
- SHIVs that are damaged will no longer become unusable.
- Fixed some hangs/soft crashes in tactical combat.
- Replaced software cursor with the operating system cursor to reduce lag and – framerate dependence.
- Fixed rendering bug which causes some soldier’s hair to appear as if it is rendering on top of environment fog.
- 1080p movies are now used at all times on the PC.
Ordered my disc copy today, should arrive Monday. At least that way I won't (again) break my monthly data allowance...
1.8 Gb patch today broke the game, now it wont even load.
Edit: Verify Files fixed it.